Lexus Es330 Alarm Question

I just purchased an ES330 and was wondering if anyone knew if the factory alarm system contained an interior sensor? My sales person had no idea.

I'm sure I'll find out the first time I go to the dealer service department. To the best of my knowledge my 99 Avalon I just sold had the interior alarm sensor.

Thanks ! :blink:

To the best of my knowledge my 99 Avalon I just sold had the interior alarm sensor.

please explain what this internal alarm sensor does, I not catching something here? Or atleast explain what was done to the 99 Avalon to trip the internal alarm sensor.

I am guessing here, but on the Avalon, if you left your windows open but locked your doors, the factory alarm was triggered if someone reaches their arm in the window opening?

steviej

The interior alarm sensor would set off the alarm should a car window be shattered or even pounded upon very hard. This would set off the alarm prior to a door being opened. An arm through an open window would not set the alarm off.

Carl

I don;t know of any factory alarm with a shock sensor as it could be more problems for a them with falsing. Are you sure it had an interior shock sensor or glass shatter sensor? it might have been added to the existing one. The hood trunk or a door being open including unlocking a cars doors from the inside is what lexus uses for it factory theft system.