Tires

bfollett

The most popular tire for the LS400/LS430 for it's low noise level, pleasant ride, decent handling and longevity has to be the Michelin MXV4 - it's what I have on my 2000 LS400, bought for our departed Camry and for which I have seen only positive feedback on this and other Lexus forums. I know they are available for the 05 LS430 with the standard 17" wheel but I don't know if they are available in 245/45-18 for the optional 18 wheel.

I'm not sure they're available in the later sizes, but I've found the new Bridgestone Ecopias to be very quiet (I'm running them in the 225 60 16 size on my LS).

Paul

For my preference it would have to be the Michelin Primacy MXV4 V-rated tires - the ride quality was noticeably better and significantly quieter from the Goodyear Eagles ( a darn good tire too, but too noisy for my taste!).

I have had Bridgestones and Yokohama's on my '01 LS430 and now cruising with Michelin MAV4 Primacy's on 225/55/17 Chrome rims. They seems like the most quiet and best in wet condition handling. However, I developed slow leaks from the Lexus chrome wheel pitting around the bead area. My shop guy (Iron Mikes Garage in Rockville) sanded them down and I haven't had any problems since then. No more chrome wheels for me unless I move to San Diego. The Michelin's are wearing very well too.