Anyone Tried Color X

hey guys.

i was reading up on some info on the meguiar's websight about a new (well i think its fairly new)product called color X

its designed for a 1st or second stage cleaner/polisher, thats supposed to work wonders.

i looked at some b/f and after pictures from some members on that forum after using that product, and man it looked really good

just wandering if anyone has tried that product.

I have not but I know people that have and they say its a great cleaner/polish.

What people need to realize is that this is NOT one of those crappy color infused polishes like from Turtle Wax. Its simply a cleaner/oxidation remover and is called Color X because it restores the natural color by removing dulling oxidation. It also contains some of the new polymers found in Meg's NXT Tech wax and the two of them are supposed to be a good match for each other.

Try it out and let us know what you think!

thanks sw03es

i think my plan of attack is going to be as follows

clay bar

color X

nxt wax

i'm going to do this, this weekend. i'll post b/f and after pics, allthough my car has a 3 week old gold class finish on it right now, and is really deep and shiny, it still should be a difference, if these products are as good as they say. my car is dark green so you will really be able to see if it did a good job or not.

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

First impressions of Meguire’s NXT Products

The NXT product lines I’ve used included, ColorX (a paint cleaner) NXT Tech Wax (a polymer)

NXT Spray Wax (a booster not a QD)

· Washed and then dried the car with a Microfiber Waffle Weave Microfiber towel.

· Like most synthetic waxes, NXT Tech Wax likes to be applied to a clean surface that has been prepped with a pre-wax cleaner. So I applied ColorX and wiped it off with 100% cotton Microfiber towel.

· I then applied two ultra thin coats of NXT Tech Wax and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. I then removed the residue with 100% cotton Microfiber towel (it was very, very easy to remove)

At this point, I really inspected the surface. There was no streaking or any kind of smearing, the product buffed off, leaving a very deep and wet looking finish. I noticed that it actually darkened the colour of the paint slightly. It also has a slight filling characteristic as it covered very light swirls.

NXT Spray Wax- using a clean, soft foam wax applicator applies just like a wax. First spray some onto your wax applicator to moisten it, then mist some onto the paint and spread out with the applicator. Apply to the entire car, let it haze, and then remove with a Microfiber cloth

Initial impressions: It has nice clarity and the high gloss finish of the best polymer sealants I’ve used. Unlike most other polymer sealant, instead of leaving a silvery shimmer, it left the paint film surface looking both darker and richer.

This could be wishful thinking or just my imagination but the next day the finish seemed to be even better (wetter looking deeper gloss). :cheers:

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

First impressions of Meguire’s NXT Products

The NXT product lines I’ve used included, ColorX (a paint cleaner) NXT Tech Wax (a polymer)

NXT Spray Wax (a booster not a QD)

· Washed and then dried the car with a Microfiber Waffle Weave Microfiber towel.

· Like most synthetic waxes, NXT Tech Wax likes to be applied to a clean surface that has been prepped with a pre-wax cleaner. So I applied ColorX and wiped it off with 100% cotton Microfiber towel.

· I then applied two ultra thin coats of NXT Tech Wax and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. I then removed the residue with 100% cotton Microfiber towel (it was very, very easy to remove)

At this point, I really inspected the surface. There was no streaking or any kind of smearing, the product buffed off, leaving a very deep and wet looking finish. I noticed that it actually darkened the colour of the paint slightly. It also has a slight filling characteristic as it covered very light swirls.

NXT Spray Wax- using a clean, soft foam wax applicator applies just like a wax. First spray some onto your wax applicator to moisten it, then mist some onto the paint and spread out with the applicator. Apply to the entire car, let it haze, and then remove with a Microfiber cloth

Initial impressions: It has nice clarity and the high gloss finish of the best polymer sealants I’ve used. Unlike most other polymer sealant, instead of leaving a silvery shimmer, it left the paint film surface looking both darker and richer.

This could be wishful thinking or just my imagination but the next day the finish seemed to be even better (wetter looking deeper gloss).

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

thanks togwt

thats exactly what i'm going to do.

i'm going to clay first though

i bought a new random orbital polish that i'm going to use to apply the color X, or the DACP, i haven't decided yet. they say if u use a buffer the products will work much better, b/c it breaks down the cleaner/polisher better for a finer finish.

haven't decided yet if i'm going to try wet sanding on small scratches. then buffing out, i don't know if the buffer i have is strong enought to remove the sanding scratches, so i don't know. right now i don't know if i have the cohonies to try that on my lex without a PC. it could work awesome or it could be a complete disaster so i think i might hold off, until i throw in the towl and get a pc

haven't decided yet if i'm going to try wet sanding on small scratches. then buffing out, i don't know if the buffer i have is strong enought to remove the sanding scratches, so i don't know. right now i don't know if i have the cohonies to try that on my lex without a PC. it could work awesome or it could be a complete disaster so i think i might hold off, until i throw in the towl and get a pc

lol silvermate :lol:

I think the same way...looks like we'll have good weather this weekend in the Midwest so I'll be watching... :D

Good Luck! you'll do a great job!!!!

I wouldn't expect that buffer to be able to remove sanding haze. I'd just hit it with the DACP and see how it does.

Work the DACP until its almost gone at high speed on small sections. I'd follow it with the Color X applied the same way.