Who Sells The Toyota Extended Warranty?

mannye

Back when I got my first LS 430, I remember buyinh my extended warranty from a dealer somewhere out of state that was recommended either here or on the other forum. Whatever your personal opinions aout the extended warranty, mine paid for itself within a year when both mirrors needed replacing.

Problem is, Miami dealers are dicks and overprice the warranties so I need to go out of state to get one. Does anyone knkow the name of that dealer that was giving good prices on the extended warranties from Toyota?

My mother in law needs to get one for her Rav4. I don't want the hassles of third party providers.

You are right about buying out of state. Here is what I did. I 'shopped' around with Toyota dealers getting several prices. Then I went to the local dealer and got them to match it. That way, it was all done locally as I do not want any surprises as to who pays for what. I think I used Acton Toyota in Littleton, MA for one of the prices. Beware that once you stir up the nest for prices, they will hound you for a long time. If you really want the best prices, just sit on it for a little while. They kept dropping the price by $100 several times after I bought from the dealer. Wish I had waited a little and/or demanded several more hundred off right away. It must be pure profit for them. http://warranty.actontoyota.com/

You are right about buying out of state. Here is what I did. I 'shopped' around with Toyota dealers getting several prices. Then I went to the local dealer and got them to match it. That way, it was all done locally as I do not want any surprises as to who pays for what. I think I used Acton Toyota in Littleton, MA for one of the prices. Beware that once you stir up the nest for prices, they will hound you for a long time. If you really want the best prices, just sit on it for a little while. They kept dropping the price by $100 several times after I bought from the dealer. Wish I had waited a little and/or demanded several more hundred off right away. It must be pure profit for them. http://warranty.actontoyota.com/

Thanks for the input! Buying locally should be of no consequence since the fullfillment of the warranty is done from a central location no matter where the policy is sold. Imagine buying a new car in California and then moving to Florida...shouldn't impact coverage.