P1135 Code

TREVORAMES

This may not help much -- sorry.

The alldata.com site says the code is cause by:

-- open or short in A/F sensor (bank 1, sensor 2)

-- A/F sensor (bank 1, sensor 2) heater

-- ECM

It's interesting that the Trouble Area points to Sensor 2 while the Detection Item says Sensor 1. No idea why. Sorry I can't really help.

Does any know how to fix a P1135 Code? It is a Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Please help :unsure:

Hello there,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't check my pm until today. Your rear A/F sensor is going out. This is something that you can do it by yourself. You will need a 22mm wrench to break the A/F sensor lose. The A/F sensor is by the firewall, and located on the exhuast manifold. Replace the A/F sensor, clear the code and you are good to go. Good luck bud.

JPI

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the sensor on the manufold, and reset the system. Code P1135 is still coming up and just for fun code P0125 has also come up. Does this mean that the sensor after the cat has gone now?

Anyone any suggestion. I will also check the connections I made with the sensor, I bought the after market one from autozone $180, I used the old connector and just spliced into the lines.

This may not help much -- sorry.

The alldata.com site says the code is cause by:

-- open or short in A/F sensor (bank 1, sensor 2)

-- A/F sensor (bank 1, sensor 2) heater

-- ECM

It's interesting that the Trouble Area points to Sensor 2 while the Detection Item says Sensor 1. No idea why. Sorry I can't really help.

Hi,

Does alldata.com give detailed instruction on routine maintenance, such as change coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, transfer or diffrential fluid?

Thanks.

Replaced the sensor on the manufold, and reset the system. Code P1135 is still coming up and just for fun code P0125 has also come up. Does this mean that the sensor after the cat has gone now?

Anyone any suggestion. I will also check the connections I made with the sensor, I bought the after market one from autozone $180, I used the old connector and just spliced into the lines.

So it wasn't a lexus part? And you splice the wire? Why?

JPI

I bought the beck/arnley one from Autozone because it was $200 less the the Bosh. I took the old sensor off cut the sensor off of the line and then just connected the new sensor to the old housing wires. Simple enough I thought. Why would this be a problem?

Does any know how to fix a P1135 Code? It is a Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Hi,

Having similar codes, 1133, 1153 and P0172 on '99 RX300 123k miles.

Codes 1133 and 1153 came up after installation p/n 156-8400 universal Walker in place of air fuel ratio sensors. Looks like incorrect part in wrong place.

Thanks to local auto parts store bad cross-reference system.

According to Mike from oxygensensors.com no "universal" cheap $100-150 sensors available for RX-300 besides Denso $244 and Walker $280. Local dealership wants $359 for each and claiming their cost is $296ea.

Will update you next week if sensors are cause for all codes.

I am aware P0172 may be set by many different components. Anybody had P0172 and fixed it? Where to start, most likely problem?

Thanks

Yuri

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the opinion of all the mechanics out there that only Lexus parts will work, and in my case the sensors. I have replaced both sensors front and by fire wall with after market ones. The wiring connections seem correct however I am getting code 1153 1133 still. Does this mean I need to dig deep and replace both now with Lexus parts?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Is it the opinion of all the mechanics out there that only Lexus parts will work, and in my case the sensors. I have replaced both sensors front and by fire wall with after market ones. The wiring connections seem correct however I am getting code 1153 1133 still. Does this mean I need to dig deep and replace both now with Lexus parts?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Yes, codes are gone 1133 and 1153 after installation of OEM/denso sensors, but 0172 still coming up.

• 9 months later...

Yuri,

Do you have the exact part number for the sensors needed to clear out the code P1135? do I have to buy 2 of them or just one.

Is it the upstream or downstream one..The store asked me and I didnt know

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, codes are gone 1133 and 1153 after installation of OEM/denso sensors, but 0172 still coming up.

To Fix the error, do I need to replace the BEFORE THE CATALIST OR AFTER THE CATALIST sensor?  and do I need two of them?

Thank you

code P1135 is a heater fault with air/fuel ratio sensor bank1 sensor1. This is before the cat, the one towards the rear of the engine (rather than the easy to change one at the front).

As this is an air/fuel ratio sensor rather than the more common oxygen sensor you need to use the OEM Denso sensor.

FYI the sensor after the cat is a standard oxygen sensor so you don't need to use an OEM part.