Check Engine Light

Hi: The light with words "Check" underneath it has come on in my 2002 ES300. I have seen various number of posts with similar problem. But looked like most of them were older cars. Any suggestions on what might be going on? Just want to have some idea before I take it to the dealer tomorrow. Also if there is problem with the parts, will the work be covered under the warranty?

Thanks

Ravi

Don't even bother to take a guess if you're still under the warranty period. Jut call up the dealership and have them arrange a time for you to pick up your loaner.

Unless you've made some mods that void the warranty, I would just let Lexus deal with the problem. besides, there are too many reasons to list as to why the light would come on without more info.

the picture is of an engine. Was the car running rough just before the light came on (I am talking like for a few days)?

Take it to the dealer if the warranty is still good.

This just happpened to me and it was a Bank 1 Sensor 1 oxygen sensor malfunction. Code P01135.

get it checked out.

steviej

Hi: The light with words "Check" underneath it has come on in my 2002 ES300. I have seen various number of posts with similar problem. But looked like most of them were older cars. Any suggestions on what might be going on? Just want to have some idea before I take it to the dealer tomorrow. Also if there is problem with the parts, will the work be covered under the warranty?

Thanks

Ravi

It might be something really simple like having left the gas cap off.

But this year model did have a TSIB Technical Service Information Bulletin for updated O2 sensors. If that is the problem, then they will be installing the updated part when they repair it.