Service Bulletins For 2007 Lexus Es350

007es350

Does it mean anything when lexus does not notify you of these service bulletins, and your car goes out of warranty for these items? then they cost you a fortune to repair?

whats the legality of this? is there any recourse?

even though my car has been to the dealer a couple times with these problems, at under the extended mileage limit, they should have checked for them and did not.

thanks

Customers are not notified of service bulletins - only recalls such as those that effect safety.

I'm looking at a Lexus service bulletin that includes the following statement: "Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based on a customer's specific complaint."

Did you complain about a particular problem while your car was under the manufacturer's warranty? If you did not, you have no recourse. I'm not sure what you mean by "at under the extended mileage limit" - extended warranty? An extended warranty is a different animal and has its own coverage limits which may be different that the manufacturer's original warranty.