Sc400 Dash Light Fix!

I just wanted everyone to know the solution I found to this problem. A few years ago my Speedo meter needle began flickering and got worse and worse, followed by the Tach needle and finally the fuel gauge needle. It really became an issue and I recently, successfully fixed it all for under $250. I watched a very instructive YouTube video on how to R&R the dash, and shipped it off to a guy in Tennessee called LEXTECH Lighting, he fixed it and returned it to me here in California in about 14 days. (The local Lexus Dealer had quoted me $1400 to fix it.)

Anyway, just wanted to let others know there is a solution to this HUGE problem!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lextech are hacks. The needles light up nothing like the OEM, what a joke!!

It's unreal how many people fall for this sham, totally unbelievable.......

• 1 month later...

Lextech are hacks. The needles light up nothing like the OEM, what a joke!!

It's unreal how many people fall for this sham, totally unbelievable.......

Agreed. And I'm one of the suckers. :) Had my backlighting and needles done, and while I was at it, had the climate control display redone and the speedo/tach fixed. I should have done more research, or placed a smaller order before committing more funds.

Backlighting on climate and cluster looks fine, no complaints. I have a 95 SC, so the needles can only be done in red. They look decent at night - nothing special, but OK. During the day, they wash out very bad and look awful. Other colors might be fine, I can't comment on that, but red is terrible. If I had to do it over again, I probably would replace the needles and get a different color, possibly from a different vendor as there are others out there.

Also, on the speedo/tach fix - it works OK, a little better than before but not perfect; sometimes it takes a few minutes for things to warm up and my speed/tach to start working. What I didn't know is that the speedo/tach issue might be motherboard-related, which is something Lextech can't fix. I can understand that, but it isn't made clear that that is a possibility beforehand.

And the turnaround time was 5 weeks, which was way, way too long, IMO.

Sorry you had a unsatifactory result. I didn't. I went from no lights WHAT-SO-EVER on the Speedo and Fuel and Temp, to lights that, although maybe not quite as good as the OEM, were at least visible! That is a huge deal! On a bright day, you can't see the needles AT ALL due to the contrast and at night the needles were invisible, so it solved the problem.

The "sham" I fell for was the problem was corrected for about $200.

This is really a safety issue that you would think, Toyota would have corrected. Bad engineering, really.

I know what you mean - my fuel gauge needle totally burned out, which is what prompted me to finally get them fixed. I can see all my needles now, so that's the good part, but the overall quality of the product did not match expectations at all.

What color needles did you have? I've been curious if other colors were any better; as I said, my only experience is with red needles.