Fuel Guage Question:

I'm taking my ES into the dealership this week for some minor factory warranty work. I have a question about the fuel guage that I wanted to ask fellow members before I did.

As most of us know our tank is 18.5 gallons (or 70 litres for us canuck's). I have noticed when the tank is about 3 - 4 notches above the half way mark that it still takes about a total of a half a tank's worth (9.25 gallons or 35 litres if not a little more) of fuel & I'm not "jamming" the last drop of gas in the tank. When the nozzel stops when filling up I usually put another $1.50 - $2.00 in and thats it (we pay about 0.72 - 0.85 cents a litre roughly depending on fuel grade in which I use Sunoco Ultra 94). Can anyone tell me if this is normal for the fuel guage to register a little more than is actually in the tank? or should I add this to my list of things the dealership should have a look at when taking it in for the other stuff? The guage is working, but it's just a little off as far as being totally accurate & wonder if it's a sign of possible future problems. :unsure:

:lol: I do know how many (in my case) kilometers I can safely go on a tank of fuel. :rolleyes: Just thought I'd throw the question out there to see how many are in the same boat as me :unsure: Any other opinions on the matter?

:cheers:

All fuel gauges use a sending unit and gauge that are rated with a curve not equal to amount. The 1/2 point is never half but usually under half a tank.Just liek when the low light comes on i have about 100km before it is bone dry. the first upper half of tank on a needle registers is about 60-70% used of a full one. While it gets more accurate for when the gas gets low so you can se it move and adjust when you need to get gas sooner or later.