Steering Wheel

blake918

Are the steering wheels the same color, mainly tan, for the 95-00 LS? I have a 95, but I found a really nice one from a 98 on ebay. I think somewhere along the way they added stereo controls??

:cheers:

Blake,

All the 99-00 models have the "California Walnut" wood & leather wheel. This was an option for the 98's - but was Very, very popular and was put on many of the 98 models, especially for the year end models.

Mine has Tan on it, but I've seen silver 98 LS's with the grey interior and it was Grey leather/wood combo....

Maybe this will help: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

Yeah...it sounds pretty popular to swap a 98 wheel for a 99-00 wheel. Infact, that's what the guy with the auction did ;) ! Thanks for the pic...I love pics of your car :wub: . You think that wheel will work with my car???

The steering wheel is actually not bad at all, but it does have an inch tear at the top(not like my driver's seat ;) ). I just saw this one on ebay, and it looks like a nice one, and hopefully it'll stay at a low price! I'm not in a rush to do this, but this looks like one to scoop up! So you think it'll match/work/fit/etc.??

I had American Stitches do the wheel in my ES. Their upholstry work was nice, but the color was a few shades off. I guess that if I would mail in the airbag too, it would have matched better! Plus, it's a little more than I'm looking to spend-it cost $315 for the ES's wheel.

Take it to an Upholstrey shop or some leather place (call first I suppose).

We have a leather couch with a inch or so cut/tear and a leather repair guy came out and man.............we couldn't see the cut or repair after he was done :D

Excellent work!! Maybe the same can be done for you?

It beats taking off the wheel, AIR BAG <_< , and such...

I'd say if it came from LS with the light, beige leather (like ours) then it will have the same matching (taupe-ish) wheel (like on the dash; Right?)

Only problem is your airbag may not bolt up to the wheel properly. I don't know why, but thats just the way it is they changed the way the bag attatches. The color SHOULD be the same.

The first LS to ever have radio controls on the wheel was the LS430 so no need to worry there.

Most every vehilce not jsut lexus had a revamp in models and all airbags so any post 97 LS will not fit a pre,as that is when the goverment made dual stage airbags law as well as crash data recorders so the police can tell you did what and at what speed in a crash.

You will notice all 97 and newer ones have smaller airbags. the wheel bolts in fine just the airbags wiring and the spokes are different so it won;t fit

What you should look for is a tan steering wheel from a LS400 95-97 or an LX450 SUV, they're the same wheel. Any wheel there will work.

Sis you buy that seat from the wrecked LS? What about seeing what he would charge you for the steering wheel and the armrest, bet it'd be cheap.

What about seeing what he would charge you for the steering wheel and the armrest, bet it'd be cheap.

I just ordered everything about 3 hours ago! :D I got the seat, wheel, and entire console for $525. I'm not getting the wheel and console for sure...he couldn't exactly remember the condition, but he said he's only going to send it if it's perfect-same goes for console(no time for pics either! He'll of course make the appropriate deductions.).

Here's the break down: $350-seat, $100-wheel, and $75 for the entire console(whatever this includes. I asked for just the armrest, but he said that they only sell the "whole thing," so I went for it.). My upholstry guy said $75 for just the console, so I though this was a pretty good deal! He said he's going to ship it out tomorrow or Wednesday, so I'll be looking sharp once again real soon plus we're doing a full ignition tune up and all new oil and tranny fluids this weekend. B)

That's good to know about the LX wheel if he doesn't send the wheel from the wrecked LS!