2013 Lexus Es300H - Just Bought Friday :-)

Well, I took the plunge. Just purchased a new, 2013 Lexus ES300h in Starfire Pearl and parchment leather interior. Love the car and the hybrid drive train. Leather interior upgrade, navigation and technology package, auto start, HID headlights, parking assist and blind spot monitoring among other options.

I put a lot of miles on a car annually. 35-40K per year as a Regional Account Manager working four states. Easily was able to justify the cost differential of the hybrid and love the fact that it uses regular gas as well. Not sure if there are any high milage drivers on the forum but I have friends and business associates who swear by Lexus/Toyota and their high milage capability.

Fit, finish and overall quality build and materials is first class. Live in Pittsburgh but bought the car in Columbus Ohio at Germain Lexus of Easton. Outstanding dealership and professional staff all around. BIG difference from the Toyota dealership where I was shopping the Avalon Hybrid. Felt like I needed to wear sunglasses when sitting in the Avalon with all that chrome :D

Will post pictures in the coming week.

Here are a few pictures of my new car! Just drove from Pittsburgh to Chicago. 38mpg in sport mode all the way. Car drives incredible. Still trying to get used to the cup holders as they seem a little odd the way they are arranged. Also wished there were more power supply ports to service the front passengers.

post-148472-0-94266100-1366668849_thumb.

post-148472-0-77525100-1366668852_thumb.

post-148472-0-31117700-1366668855_thumb.

post-148472-0-91308900-1366668857_thumb.

post-148472-0-04038200-1366668861_thumb.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

About a month ago, we went to our local Lexus dealership to buy a new battery for the fob that starts our 2007 ES350. On the way out, we stopped to look at the new 2013 version. The very low-key salesman asked us if we were interested in buying a new car, and we said "No, just checking the differences between our car and the new one." He suggested we might also want to look at the hybrid version. Long story short... a test drive and trade-in discussion later, and we drove home with a new ES300h. We love it and all the strange sounds it makes. We're getting about 38.5 mpg. My 2007 had 98,900 miles on it and never had a problem, so I agree with your assessment of Lexus reputation for longevity. Good luck with your hybrid.