Knock Sensor Problems! Please Help

So I have a lexus es300 2000 and a month ago the check engine light came on so I had it diagnost by a shop and it came out to be a "knock sensor malfunction" so about last week I went to a local car parts shop and bought 2 brand new sensors for about $350. I had my old ones replaced and the codes cleared. Today I drove my car for 80 miles to have the OBD system ready so I can FINALLY get my car to pass a smog check. BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON WITH THE SAME CODES?? CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Most likely the wiring harness for the knock sensors wasn't replaced. This is usually the main reason for knock sensor codes. The harness sits under the intake plenum in the valley between the two heads and tends to cook easily. This would explain the codes coming back.

LL

Most likely the wiring harness for the knock sensors wasn't replaced. This is usually the main reason for knock sensor codes. The harness sits under the intake plenum in the valley between the two heads and tends to cook easily. This would explain the codes coming back.

LL

Thanks Im goin to look in to that. I think that might be it

Knock Sensor
If you get a code P0330 Knock Sensors ES2000-2001

Replacing two Knock Sensors. it took me 9 hours. Parts replaced:
1. Knock sensors from rockauto.com, AIRTEX Part # 5S2254 cost $105.79
2. Knock Sensor wiring harness
3. Intake gaskets
4. By-pass hose
5. Antifreeze

Replaced wiring harness 82219-07010 and by-pass hose from Lexus Dealer because I didn't have the energy to go through the whole mess again. Dealer charged me $42.00 for the harness. As well change the spark plugs cause they are breeze to change with half the engine missing. I did the work myself 3 years ago with no further problem.

Knock Sensor

If you get a code P0330 Knock Sensors ES2000-2001

Replacing two Knock Sensors. it took me 9 hours. Parts replaced:

1. Knock sensors from rockauto.com, AIRTEX Part # 5S2254 cost $105.79

2. Knock Sensor wiring harness

3. Intake gaskets

4. By-pass hose

5. Antifreeze

Replaced wiring harness 82219-07010 and by-pass hose from Lexus Dealer because I didn't have the energy to go through the whole mess again. Dealer charged me $42.00 for the harness. As well change the spark plugs cause they are breeze to change with half the engine missing. I did the work myself 3 years ago with no further problem.

Do I have to do all those things? And what does it mean if the PO325 comes on too?

This P0325 code may show up intermittently or the Service Engine light may be lit constantly.

Possible Solutions
  • Check the resistance of the knock sensor (compare it to factory specs)
  • Check for broken/frayed wires leading to the sensor
  • Replace the knock sensor
You don't have to do everything I did but since you replaced both Knock sensors and possible wiring leading to the sensor are highly probable for code P0325 as stated by Lexis Lexus. If not corrected, you may notice drivability problems including a lack of power and perhaps some hesitation.

I supposed since you will be lifting those parts out again. Clean your idle air control valve (IACV) http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/30723-step-by-step-instructions-for-iacvidle-air-control-valveiscthrottl/