90 Ls400 Service Manual

fly_S2K

Hello all, I am new to this forum and in search of a service manual for the 1990 LS400. I own a Honda S2K and found that the Helm's manual for it is VERY useful and I am curious if there is such for this car. If so where am I able to buy this manual? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Johnny

You can buy the shop manuals at any Lexus dealer. There is 3 books, $100, $100, & $50 so plan on $250 plus tax. You can also find them on ebay sometimes. I use the alldata.com $25 a year and it covers about 90% but still is nowhere as good as actually having the shop manual.

Actually I've been enjoying it since 1990, but just not getting around to buying that service manual :). It's time for some bigger maintence and tune-up procedures and I wanted to venture out and do it for myself. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Bought it new huh? Shows excellent judgement in my book. I bought my 90 from a good friend of mine who bought it new in 1989. He bought a 99 LS 400 and reluctantly sold me the 90. His loss was my gain.

By the way, welcome to LOC. I have learned quite a lot about the LS from this forum, and with you as a long term owner I'm sure you have many valuable experiences to share.

Denny

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm hoping to gain knowledge as well as pass some of my expriences with the car over the years. After reading a few of the threads, I've noticed that a few of the "quirks" that I exprienced was not just my car but a normal thing for our MY. Hope to learn a lot more form here :cheers:

-johnny