Tesla Ok In Ny-More Car News

pj8708

Tesla has won a major victory in New York state with the courts allowing them to sell there way cool product, (my opinion), through company owned stores versus the traditional stand alone franchise arrangement.

Read and see why the courts agreed with Tesla.

In addition to the Tesla story I've posted the full Auto Blogs weekly summary of auto news3. Yes with pictures for those who come from the The "Show Me State". Right Jim?

One story predicts the come back of the station wagon. Say it isn't so.....How about bring back the "Woody"?

Paul

http://www.autoblog.com/

Have any of you read about the bottom feeding scumbag journalist who went out of his way to make Tesla look as bad as possible during a long term test for a NY Times article a few months ago? Fortunately, Tesla had installed a data recorder in the test car that completely exposed and refuted the "journalist's" falsified and negative report. The whole episode makes me what to buy a Tesla - if they offered a station wagon! (Take that, Paul!)

The new leader for replacing our 2000 LS400 is the redesigned much more station-wagon-like 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - now available for the first time with Pre-collision System (PCS) and radar cruise control.

I looked at one in San Jose at a dealership. Really neat concept, and a very spacious vehicle. When Wife and I walked outside to go to our car an older gentlemen was getting out of the older two seat model. He loves his Telsa, was his second one as the first was totaled in a collision. Said the charger system was fantastic at his home, and he was charging in the parking lot. nice vehicle.

One of the benefits of living here in what I refer to as "middle earth" is that we usually never get a chance to become early adapter's. I have never seen a Tesla any where in this great state and haven't got a clue as to when they wood ever put a store in this location. The MSA or greater Des Moines and burbs population is around 800,000 last time I heard. I will say in favor of our selves, that Facebook just announced Friday that it was building a 200 acre facility in our fair city and that's kind of cool.

Our people were able to locate a site than has a large water tower next to it, and a large electrical substation as well. Not sure how many servers they intend to put in this place, but it will certainly put a smile on the Utility companies faces.

In stead of a station wagon Jim, why not hook-up with David's fresh Range Rover trade in. Probably more interior room for the Moonshine you go out to Possom Holler and pick up now and then, LOL

Paul

I sat in one at the car show, I would like to take one for a test drive.

My issue with it is the interior, you give up a lot in comfort amenities from a typical $55-60k luxury sedan, no full console, seats aren't as comfortable, materials aren't as good, no map pockets in the doors and not a lot of storage. Stuff that you should not have to give up. Exterior is just great, great looking car.

The only downside of this manufacturer is that they get government subsidy. I personally believe in free enterprise.....Cant stand the government bailouts of General Motors and others....Everytime the government gets envolved there is fraud.....

• 2 weeks later...

Investors are definitely taking very significant risk with this company, I'm hoping this ends up being a business success story even if it's way too early to know. I see these Teslas on the road everyday now.

• 1 month later...

Tesla paid it's government loan, not that it matters here.

The S's are selling very well here.

Tesla seems to be doing pretty well right now. How sustainable they'll be is anyone's guess, but I wish them well. Competition is good for consumers as well as for the other automakers.