Emergency Help In Orlando Fl.

superman8589

Hi my name is Robbie I joined not long ago and within mins of joining I had crisis lol.. I own a 1991 ls400 I traded my running 240sx for it.

I was told it ran only needed a starter which he bought and his mechanic started to put in but when the mechanic started breaking clips he stopped and refused to work on it.

So I ended up doing it I asked for help I was advices and given links.. I put it in but still nothing.. and have removed starter and got it tested and reinstalled. And I have checked wires and made sure clip them in. But nothing..

When you turn the key u can hear electronics kick on and starter engage into flywheel but it not rotating over..

It's been two months and I can't do it no more I needget this car running. I'm willing pay someone in near by area to get this car to run as long as its not an arm and a leg things are tough now sharing one car between wife and me and working 45 mins away..

I'm pretty sure its not, I can check it fter work I get off at 3pm eastern time.. do u think its possible for a motor to seize over night? The previous owner says it ran fine.. we were going trade before but he wanted get starter replaced for me but during that process mechanic called it quits leaving me a halfway job..

Please any ideas text me for its much easier for me maybe I can get ideas what to check for. So wen I'm off..

The odds of having a seized motor on an LS are slim to none but I gotta ask. The starter, if properly working and supplied with power as you seem to suggest, should at least be cranking over the engine.

I would not put too much stock into the previous owner saying it ran fine. He/she ditched it for some reason. You have to assume nothing and suspect everything. Let us know what you find.

• 5 months later...

Hey Robbie,

How did you ever make out with your starter problem?

I was told changing the starter is VERY difficult as it is on top of the engine near the firewall and under ???

How's you make out?

What was the cost?

Thanks,

wuzzy1

the starter is not a big deal that requires high tech skill..... but it takes a lot of time to remove the intake manifold and lay your parts out to make it easy to replace them... we have done two of them, 95 and 99.. we did not need to replace the starter on either one, just the plunger and contacts.... maybe this will help..

post-5365-0-09922800-1380817240_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-03144700-1380817252_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-02387600-1380817263_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-82253000-1380817276_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-52581000-1380817288_thumb.jp

post-5365-0-12617700-1380817300_thumb.jp

• Like 1