Es 300 Radio Compatibility

the 97 radio is id number p1705 and all the lcds went bad. the improved radio is p1712. be sure your not getting another 97 radio. the lcd will be bad on it also. there is a radio for sale on ebay right now that says it is from a 1998 but it is really a 1997 p1705 on the cassette flap door.so beware. the best thng to do is replace the lcd with the new version for the newer radio if that is the only problem with your radio. the display is 100.00 so cheaper than buying a used radio. it is quite easy to replace just a couple of screws hpld it in and 1 connctor to unplug and replug. i have full directions on how to remove radio and service manual on how to open the top of the radio. let me know if your interested in replacing your own lcd and i have all the stuff you will need to do it easily. in 200000 the es300 radio plug went from 15 pin to 20 pin so only 98 and 99 recomeended if you need more than the lcd.

• 1 year later...
the 97 radio is id number p1705 and all the lcds went bad. the improved radio is p1712. be sure your not getting another 97 radio. the lcd will be bad on it also. there is a radio for sale on ebay right now that says it is from a 1998 but it is really a 1997 p1705 on the cassette flap door.so beware. the best thng to do is replace the lcd with the new version for the newer radio if that is the only problem with your radio. the display is 100.00 so cheaper than buying a used radio. it is quite easy to replace just a couple of screws hpld it in and 1 connctor to unplug and replug. i have full directions on how to remove radio and service manual on how to open the top of the radio. let me know if your interested in replacing your own lcd and i have all the stuff you will need to do it easily. in 200000 the es300 radio plug went from 15 pin to 20 pin so only 98 and 99 recomeended if you need more than the lcd.

My 97 ES300 radio lcd is bad. Please send info on where to buy new lcd and service manual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey I'd like to have instructions for replacing LCD too. Could you e-mail them to anzial [at] gmail [dot] com ? Thanks!

Hello...

I'm looking for the same thing you were--instructions for replacing the LCD display and guidance on where to purchase one (for a '97 ES 300). Did you get an answer to your post--and if so, would you please share the info with me? Thanks

• 1 year later...

Great post - can you please send me all of your details that you have on this issue - I have a 98 that is doing exactly this & I need to know where to get the LCD panel & how to install this.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Great post - can you please send me all of your details that you have on this issue - I have a 98 that is doing exactly this & I need to know where to get the LCD panel & how to install this.

Thanks!!

I'm a new member as of today and joined to find out if anyone else was having the same issue with their radio LCD going black. It looks like a common issue with the radio. I have a 98 ES300 and if it's possible could you send me the information on where to purchase one and get the instructions on replacing it.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 98 ES 300 and I need to replace the radio LCD. Could you please send me all of your details. Thanks a lot.

I have a 98 ES 300 and I need to replace the radio LCD. Could you please send me all of your details. Thanks a lot.

Hey PIONEERSUBY, You have quit an audience for replacing the LCD or the radio in this post. Quit accurate too. I replaced my LCD a couple of months ago. PIECE OF CAKE!!! Anyone else who wants to do it, it is very easy to do and takes only a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey PIONEERSUBY, You have quit an audience for replacing the LCD or the radio in this post. Quit accurate too. I replaced my LCD a couple of months ago. PIECE OF CAKE!!! Anyone else who wants to do it, it is very easy to do and takes only a few minutes.

Is the P1713 radio improved over the P1705 and is it compatible in a 1997 ES 300? Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Can someone send me information on replacing the LCD panel (parts and instructions)? I just bought a beautiful 98 es300 with a blacked out lcd.

thanks!

$125.00 shipped with install instructions, lifetime warranty. Leave your email address.

• 1 month later...

Can you please send me all of your details that you have on this issue - I have a 97 that is doing exactly this & I need to know where to get the LCD panel & how to install this.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Can someone send me information on replacing the LCD panel (parts and instructions)?

Can you please send me all of your details that you have on this issue - I have a 97 that is doing exactly this & I need to know where to get the LCD panel & how to install this.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PIONEERSUBY,

We have 1997 ES300 with the same problem when the radio/cd/cassette are working fine but the LCD is gone. We interested in replacing just the LCD and will appreciate if you can email me the instruction, part number and where we can get it.

Thanks in advance

Hi PIONEERSUBY,

We have 1997 ES300 with the same problem when the radio/cd/cassette are working fine but the LCD is gone. We interested in replacing just the LCD and will appreciate if you can email me the instruction, part number and where we can get it.

Thanks in advance

If you guys want LCD's i can get them with install instructions and lifetime warranty. Email or PM me. :cheers:

Hi PIONEERSUBY,

Thanks in advance

If you guys want LCD's i can get them with install instructions and lifetime warranty. Email or PM me.:cheers:

Hi There,

I'm intrested and want/need the 97 ES300 LCD + installation instructions. Please let me know how can I get them.

Thanks Ben& Jerry

• 1 month later...

Hi PIONEERSUBY,

Thanks in advance

If you guys want LCD's i can get them with install instructions and lifetime warranty. Email or PM me.:cheers:

Hi There,

I'm intrested and want/need the 97 ES300 LCD + installation instructions. Please let me know how can I get them.

Thanks Ben& Jerry

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.a...ductNum=CWM4931

to remove the system

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203083

:D

• 11 months later...

I have a 93 ES300 with an OEM radio, Pioneer 6801 on the cassete door, is it subject to LCD failure also, one other question, were all the ES300 wired for the CD changer, I am hoping so, I have the radio with the CD changer connector, and the CD changer I pulled out of a Junker, to be on the safe side I have the connectors from the dash harrnes and the ones in the trunk. The OEM radio works fine, and I am hoping not to have to run a cable for the CD changer... Thanks for any assistance.

Capn

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...