'03 Cs430 Electrical Issues?

indawire

Hello all, first post. I'm in the process of buying an '03 cs430 from the original owner, ran the Carfax report first. According to the Carfax report it has 565! miles on it which seems to jive up with the owners history, they just bought it in Ohio and garaged it for years. After they moved, the car sat outside in Ct. for the last three years, oil drained out , gas tank empty and battery removed. Put in a new group 24 battery, 5 gal of premium gas, 5-30 oil, no filter change yet. The good news - car started right up on the first turn of the key. Bad news - the dash board lights don't work, the shift lever is locked (I did the manual override, car moves forward and reverse no problem) and the roof does not retract. Windows go up and down, headliner lights work, doors, trunk and gas cap locks work. This is our first Lexus, if it was another Miata I'd know what to do. Can you folks give me some advice on where to start the diagnostic search? Is it as simple as replacing fuses or is there some master control module that costs a zillion dollars to replace? Thanks.

I answered my own question. Just pulled all the fuses out, replaced any blade type that looked funky, turned the key and everything works. Think I'm begining to like this car.

• 4 weeks later...