Which Tire Should I Buy For 2010 Rx350?

Immu

Recently, I purchase a 2010 rx350 having low miles. I have to change tires by next month, any suggestions on which one should I buy ?

If you haven't had the opportunity, visit Tire Rack and do a comparison of the various brands.

I've had good success with 19" Michelins on an AWD 450h. Much quieter than the factory installed Dunlops.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through 3 pairs of Michellins:

2 sets on my Gen 2 RX330

1 set on my Gen 3 RX350

I find the Michellins to wear out faster, the tread just also seems to be "less" than other tires? Dunno...maybe just me. Anyway, I've given the Michellins 3 tires now, and I can tell you they are the worst tires I've had - all 3 sets. Don't like them, but my opinion of course. I too am looking for a replacement set, so anything for recommendations would be great for me too.

Our 2010 had just under 30K miles on the OEM Dunlops, and while they were wearing evenly, they seem to have lost a good portion of their tread - they are fairly low rated for miles at "260", I believe, where the Michelin OEM tires on my new 2013 have a rating of 440. These new ones seem to handle and ride better, also (but, then, the car is new).

My wife purchased a 2010 RX350 (28K miles) in January of this year still wearing the stock Dunlop tires. While the OEM tires had some tread to play with, she wanted the confidence of new rubber. I bought a set of 235/55R19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season from Tire Rack. I've been a Michelin fan in the past, but I'm glad we switched to these GB-manufactured Pirellis.

I bought my 2006 RX 400h new. At a little over 12,000 miles, the original Continental tires were down to the wear replacement marks. I took it into our local dealer and made a fuss. They replaced them with Michelin tires that the new models had for free. Then at just over 25,000 miles the Michelin tires were down to the wear replacement marks. Sad. Out of Lexus original warranty by then. All Lexus dealer suggested was to contact Michelin direct.

I called Michelin and made another fuss with their customer service and they gave me a rebate number/case number to use when I purchase replacement tires. I shopped around and found a high rated Bridgestone with LRR, quiet, rated high in handling and performance and 65,000 miles warranty at America's Tire Center. Also got the free replacement warranty with it. With the special price sale, additional $80 rebate on a debit card and the Michelin adjustment that was given with the case number that America's Tire confirmed by phone, the total for the 4 new tires was $180 to me. Michelin no longer offered a mileage warranty for Lexus RX models. Strange.

A few weeks after I purchased the new tires, one of them developed a leak going down the road. AAA put the spare on and could find no reason for the leak. America's tire replace it for free because the low pressure had ruined the sidewall of the tire. America's tire could not find out what caused the leak either. That was worth the few bucks for the replacement coverage.

The RX mileage is at 50,000(25,000 on the Bridgestones) and they have plenty of tread left. Probably another 25,000+ mileage. I am happy. Why in the world would Lexus put us RX owners through the hassle, though?

CDFCHIEF

I have a 2004 RX330 and have had Michelin and Bridgestone tires on it. Don't waste your time and money on them as they wear out way to fast and along the way they get very noisy. I now have Goodyear assurance comfortred touring (purchased from The Tire Rack) with 22,400 miles on them and the still look and ride like new! For me these are the best tires I have had on my RX, way better than the original Michelin's.

So it's not just me that's had probs with the michellin's...interesting. I've heard a lot of good things about the goodyears recently.I've tried out the Toyo summer performance tires on my gen1 IS, and they suck nuts.

I would recommend the Yokohama YK580. Low rolling resistance and long life combined with good steering response. Replaced a set on my wife's Toyota and the difference was immediately noticeable over the Bridgestones she had. :geek:

Edited by skycaptain

I had the set of michelins that came with my rx350 great ties after 50.000 it was time to buy new ones.i read many reviews and decided to go with the Bridgestone dueler H/L Alenza .i had them for two years and they are better than the michelins.they don't wear as fast , great ride .great on wet surfaces .Also eventhough they are the same size 235/55/18 they are a little wider so looks better than the

Michelins .

I've heard great things about the yoko's, I think i'll have to try out the bridgestone dueler's though, bridgestone is one of my fav tires :D

I had some Goodyear Eagle RSAs on my RX 400 that came with the rig. They held up pretty well but I didn't watch the alignment, so had to replace them at about 37,000 miles. That included running some Blizzak snow tires for 6 months for the past 3 winters.

I bought some Michelin Energy MXV4s from Costco, and have run them about 1000 miles. They are supposed to get great gas mileage because of low rolling resistance. I re-set the MPG indicator when I got the new tires, and so far they are delivering slightly worse average gas mileage (about 23.7 mpg vs. 24.3 mpg before). That could be a result of mostly city driving for the last 1000 miles, winter gas/ethanol formula, temperature and other stuff, so I'm not blaming the Michelins yet. I did not notice any difference in noise or handling when I changed the Blizzaks to the Michelins. In other words, probably too early for me to tell.

i went to fla from nova scotia this winter and back, put 12000 kms and quiet and smooth with hardly any wear they 19 inch mich lat very good tire, if i get 40,000 kms on any tire im quite happy

I am going through the same decision now for my 2010 RX350 and am at just under 35k on the stock Dunlops. I've got my eyes on the Perelli Scorpion Verdes for the end of the summer. TireRack does help a lot with reviewing and comparing, but I found Mavis had the best prices.

I purchased Toyo Open Country H/T P235/60R18 in February for my 2011 RX 350. They are great in rain/snow conditions. Tire treads are for 65K warranty. I had them installed at Towne Faire Tire. They were a bit noisy at high speeds first but seems to be getting better since I've put 5K on them.

My experience with Michelins has been very positive. I have a 2010 RX-350 AWD and still have the original tires after 58000 miles. The last time I was at Lexus for service I asked them to comment on the condition of the tires and they said I still had plenty of tread left - lol! I should note that most of the miles are highway miles. I do believe that the wet traction is not as good as it was when they were new, but I guess that is to be expected. They continue to be a quiet tire on the highway. When I replace these - I will get the same ones again.

My name is Quinton and lexus owner and in tire sales. I suggest a Michelin MXM4 hx pilot. Its a 55k mile tire. Its kinda pricy at 295 per tire. Another tire is the mxm4 Michelin Primacy. 50k mile tire at about 265 at tire.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it make a difference to buy V or H tires? I am low mile driver, but would like my tires to last long number of years. Why does V tires price are higher than H tires?

• 1 month later...

My wife purchased a 2010 RX350 (28K miles) in January of this year still wearing the stock Dunlop tires. While the OEM tires had some tread to play with, she wanted the confidence of new rubber. I bought a set of 235/55R19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season from Tire Rack. I've been a Michelin fan in the past, but I'm glad we switched to these GB-manufactured Pirellis.

How was your experience with Pirellis? Are they very tough on ride?

All dealers suggest either bridgestone or Michelin, it seems they are the only ones in the market. I am inclined towards pirellis, have one more week to decide.

Anyone have Bridgestone Ecopia HL 422? I have a 2010 RX350,19"...after the OEM Dunlops are done I am leaning towards this tire. On my 2006 RX400h the last tires that I bought were great, Yokohama Parada SpecX (18"). I also had Toyo STs...(or something like that).

For the 19" tries that I have now, I am tempted to try something new. But it won't be for about a year yet so if any of you can tell me what you think of your Bridgestone Ecopia HL 422s, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Rey in LA.

Now I have been reading about the Pirelli Scorpion Verde....looks like a perfect tire for me here in L.A.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going through the same decision now for my 2010 RX350 and am at just under 35k on the stock Dunlops. I've got my eyes on the Perelli Scorpion Verdes for the end of the summer. TireRack does help a lot with reviewing and comparing, but I found Mavis had the best prices.

I am leaning now towards the Verdes.....

• 9 months later...