Sc400 Bfi

Lexual

I got started on my BFI today here are the first photos still has aways to go yet. :D

Lexus%20001.jpg

Lexus%20002.jpg

Lexus%20007.jpg

the one thing i noticed driving it even though its not done it is likes to wind up alot more at 3000rpm but it is a little boggier down on the low end more so then before...hoepfully changing my fuel filter as some other stuff will help reslolve that by getting some more gas to mix with the air.

http://students.uat.edu/jusbrand/lexus/BFI.htm

looks good. does your SC have the large open space under the headlight that vents directly through the openings on the front fascia? i was thinking that i could just use those openings instead of bothering with channeling the air through the central openings. are you thinking the same thing? it looks like there would be plenty of air flow right to the filter. maybe just put a top cover over the air box.

I couldnt find the egg cup things anywhere so i am using 2.5" cookie cutters, it turned out looking pretty good though, I at least i thought so. A small sizer would have been needed to fit three.

great idea there with the cookie cutters----can i ask one more question----as you can tell i am getting ready to do this myself---were you able to get the snorkle out without removing the headlight? there is one bolt underneath the light holding in the snorkle and i was hoping to get at it from below. any advice on that? joe

Take the headlight out. I tried for ever to get it out with out taking out the headlight. Then finally just gave up took like 3 minutes to get the light out and it made my life alot easier. The headlight has one 10mm (if i remeber right) bolt on the right side on the top and two 12mm bolts on the left kind of tucked behind it. The top one on the left I got easily with a ratchet the lower one i had to use a standard wrech on. Hope that helps.

We started a recent thread on Resetting The ECU. It seems that, over time, the ECU makes adjustments based on sensor readings. It seems that some of these adjustments become permanent. With the changes you are making to your intake, you may want to reset your ECU and see if there is an noticeable difference from what you have already noticed. The best I understand, resetting the ECU causes the ECU to relearn the air fuel mixture, the O2 sensors, etc.

Give it a try and let us know.

:cheers: