1995 Ls Stereo Lcd Replacement

blake918

what happend to your stereo LCD? i remember seeing some1 posting s thread on how to change leds for the LCD stereo screen. but thats pretty it

if its blacked out as the climate control in the other posts, all the suggestions and fixes apply to the stereo as well, as they have the same display screen components. ie...jim walker, mikado, so on so forth.

you might try ebay for a replacemnt, and or, salvage yards, as the stereo screen blackout is much less common than the climate control malfunction situation, as the stock climate control lcd replacements from ebay and junkyards are very hard to come by.

My lcd is not blacked out; it just shows the channel and all of that in hyroglfics(spelling?eeek!). I have checked ebay, but they only have the A/C lcd for the first gen. cars. I was also thinking about another stereo from a salvaged car, but I think that will be a waste of time because I'm sure it'll happen again!

One ES owner contacted Pioneer directly for an lcd-I think he said it well under $100. I'm going to have to find that post because that sounds like something to look into. Anyone ever tried this?? Thanks for the suggestions.

:cheers:

I read through the whole sticky, and it all pretained to the climate control LCD in the 90-94 cars which is not what I need. Unfortunately, none of it pretained to the '95's stereo LCD. I did pm the 1 guy in there that mentioned it to see what he did-he just asked the question and that was that...no replys. I think my only choices are either carstereohelp.com or Mikado-or that's what I've heard as their website is only about their new garage door openers!

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, so any suggestions would be great....

:cheers:

blake,

the LCD in my '99 LS crapped out about four months ago. I sent it to Mikado in San Francisco and they did an excellent job of reparing it for $150. They install a new LCD that should last for many years. The turnaround was less than one day and I got my own unit back i.e. it's not an exchange deal. Here's the informatoin that you might need. Talk to Sammy ... he was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Mikado Technology Company

1435 Huntington Avenue, Suite C

South San Francisco

CA 94080

1-888-964-5236

:)

• 1 year later...

Call the phone number included in my previous post.

It's been 18 months since I had the head unit display replaced by Mikado and so far all is good. However, something else may be up with the head unit ... if I turn it off in CD play mode and then turn it back on it often defaults to FM mode. It never used to do this but now it seems to do it 50 to 75% of the time. This is moderately annoying but I can live with it as long as the head unit continues to work.

:)