Requires A Locksmith For The Noisy Auto Door Locks - Seeking For A Loc

herexmafe

I have my 2003 Lexus LS400 and everything was fine but suddenly the problem started with the door locks of my car actually they becomes very noisy whenever i lock or unlocks them they makes very clunky sound. so i'm looking for a locksmith that can fix this issue asap if anyone knows a cheaper way kindly suggest me about it.

It started suddenly? All of the locks or just one? If all, then I have to wonder about the health of your battery/cable connections. Wonder if it is getting weak and making the actuators sluggish. If your car starts fine (starter whirls strong) then the battery is not the issue. Could also be a hi-z fuse connection for the locks. Just some things to check.

Being a 2003, sounds like the door panels need to be removed and all of the lock pivot mechanisms and cables need to be adjusted. Also, the motors in the actuators are built sub standard and usually go out. Theres lots of DIY threads on the net to replace the motors instead of the entire $$$$ actuator.

The lock actuator motors are known for failing but I wouldn't say they were sub standard, it took 16 years before one of mine finally failed the others are still going strong at 19 years old.

Well compared to the rest of the car, I'd say they are far less quality. Ive seen the motor insides, they are not built to last long. Actual usage of the door lock motors is very low compared to say that of an AC blower motor.

• 8 years later...