Bad News/good News

Well, I totaled the old LS430 this afternoon. I'm very lucky no one was seriously hurt...a little aching neck and some air bag burns aside, everyone in both cars is OK.

I'm super bummed because I really liked that car and fully expected to go another 100K miles in it. But good news is... Time for a 460.

I'm looking at 2007/2008 models. I've been out of it for a while, but wondering if there are any differences between the two years. Knowing Lexus, I'm not really worried about the miles, but I do seem to remember some mirror noise issues with 07 models and other little niggles,

Is it worth it to pay the premium for a 2008 over a 2007? I'm probably going to go with a standard wheel base unless I can find a screaming deal on a LWB.

I'm mostly hoping to find something with premium sound, laser cruise and cooled seats... other than that, nothing is a dealbreaker... budget is between 30 and 35K. Am I being realistic?

Ouch... Glad you are ok... the LS430 is a tank... not surprised you walked away. Hope everybody else was ok.

I was at Lexus Santa Monica today and I saw a SWB LS 460 for ~$33k. It was a CPO car don't know not sure if it was a 2007 or 2008. The '07s had a couple minor issues but nothing super major. I think cooled front seats were standard, the Radar Cruise (no laser anymore) I'm not sure about.

More surprising was a Mercedes S550 4-matic they had on the lot; for almost the same price. The MB was at least 20k more than the the LS460 when new... amazing the beating they are taking on resale these days...

Good luck!

Well, I totaled the old LS430 this afternoon. I'm very lucky no one was seriously hurt...a little aching neck and some air bag burns aside, everyone in both cars is OK.

I'm super bummed because I really liked that car and fully expected to go another 100K miles in it. But good news is... Time for a 460.

I'm looking at 2007/2008 models. I've been out of it for a while, but wondering if there are any differences between the two years. Knowing Lexus, I'm not really worried about the miles, but I do seem to remember some mirror noise issues with 07 models and other little niggles,

Is it worth it to pay the premium for a 2008 over a 2007? I'm probably going to go with a standard wheel base unless I can find a screaming deal on a LWB.

I'm mostly hoping to find something with premium sound, laser cruise and cooled seats... other than that, nothing is a dealbreaker... budget is between 30 and 35K. Am I being realistic?

Have a look over here, it might give you an idea of what's out there

http://www.cargurus.com/

Thanks for the info guys! I actually was doing some research and it seems some redesigns were put into place for the '09 models and maybe for like 2K more than my original budget I can get into one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I was looking for a newer one, and found 2 CPO by Longo Lexus, both 2010 with 24K & 31K miles, and they were both around $39K, so for 2008, I'm sure you can find it for $30k-$35k. I would look for CPO because for them to certify it, the car has to be serviced at a Lexus dealership and have no accidents,