1998-2000 Ls 400 Navigation

Lexuses71

Anyone who has a Gen 2.5 LS400 like me have or had any problems with their Navi system? Not that I have so far, but my car is now 14 yrs old and I shudder to think what I would do if it went south all of a sudden. It contols so much stuff (GPS, Climate & sound). How long do these units last on average? And what do u do if yours dies? Junkyard seems the only option...

Yes, the 98-00 navigation sometimes dies - but might last "forever". One solution is to obtain the HVAC controller from a non-nav car (pretty cheap on eBay) and either install an aftermarket radio via an interface harness or a used standard Pioneer audio head unit for 98-00. The Nakamichi head unit is not compatible with the nav system audio amplifier or connectors.

And of course you can go the salvage route and buy used nav components. Make sure that the nav ECU under the false floor on the right side of the trunk isn't getting wet from trunk lid seal failure! The nav unit in the dash isn't all you have to be concerned about.