Prolong And Other Additives

Does anyone know if products like Prolong actually work or is it a gimmick? i HAVE A 95 SC400 with 154,000 miles on it, will it hurt if I use a product like Pro-long, or what can I use to help maintain the car?

Thanks for any help I may receive.

I wouldn't add Prolong to my car, because I really don't know what they're claim consists off.

I would just do your normal maintenance, perhaps switching to Synthetic Motor Oil, add fuel injection cleaner, and just watching over the engine. They're will be problems down the road. Just be prepared to fix them.

The only enhancers i would reommend is lucas oil engine stabilizer.

First it is used for high run mileage vehicles that do not get oil changes ,they get the oil analyzed to see when it needs to be changed and what is in it. If it proved to be useless i doubt the company would be in buisness as tehy were mainly distributed by truck stops for years. Now the main stream market has caught on to it.

I put some of there stuff in my tranny ,so i am going to see how it works. I have nothing to lose as it is already on its last legs but if it works i will have to say i am a beliver. so far it has worked pretty good for the first 100 km.I just put the engine stuf in my wifes car also.

Does anyone know if products like Prolong actually work or is it a gimmick?

The Asian car companies make the most reliable and durable cars in the world. But none of them make, sell or recommend the use of oil additives.