Sat Adio For 2006 Ls430

raverx3m

i was doing some reading on satellite radio for this model and it seems like alot of people are not too happy with reception when going through overpass etc.

i ve seen few people mention that it cuts out right away even with a small overpass.

i dont own a lexus this is for my relative he asked me to see what are the options for that car.

anyone can give me some advice what would be the best way.

he wants it integrated in stock radio. with titles etc.

how do i deit title? i made a typo can mods correct it please

Sat radio not sat adio

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I put the factory XM unit in my 2006 about 8 years ago and generally have no problem with reception, unless I'm in a long tunnel or have either a large hill to the south or thick trees overhead. The factory option radio which integrates with the nav system was the original XM design, with 2 antenna leads and apparently is no longer available. After the XM system had been up for a while, they realized they could take the performance hit and combine antennas for the satellite and ground repeaters. While that would hit overpass performance the more modern antennas are generally better and smaller. I have found performance to be just fine with my XM antenna on the rear package shelf, instead of being permanently mounted on the trunk.

Attached are the installation instructions for the Sirius and XM radios, but I've never actually seen an installed Sirius system.

LS430 XM Radio Installation.pdf

LS430 Sirius Radio Installation.pdf