2001 Lexus Is300 Whistle

amr112213

I have a 2001 Lexus IS300 and the past two mornings I have noticed within the first five-ten minutes of driving a high pitched whistle. It sounds exactly like a teapot whistling. The temperatures outside have been about 20-30 degrees. I hear the whistle at about 30mph only upon letting off of the gas and the whistle lasts only ten seconds. Today I heard it over my radio/heat which caused a bit of an alarm to me. Any ideas?!

• Like 1

I really don't have a place to start on this , as a guess, a brake pad wear sensor , the drive belt tensioner ( bouncing) or its idler pulley bearing . Start it cold and open the hood , idle it up to the rpm that is displayed at 30mph is the noise present under hood? I work on a lot of really clean IS300 cars , try to play with it for more information. Does it sound internal or external ?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same thing, not very loud though, and it comes from the rear end. I thought it mind be the K&N Cold Air Intake, but coming from the wrong end and only happens when taking off at slow and easy speeds up to like 5 MPH or so.

post-148109-0-94447000-1364874929_thumb.