What Stupid Things Have You Done?

eisens

:chairshot:

These come under the heading of "Doh!" (as in Homer Simpson having an "aha" moment).

The first week I had my RX 330 I was really ticked off that my pre-set outside mirrors kept reverting back to the factory setting. I finally called Lexus. They asked "Does this only happen when you go in reverse?"

Yep.

The Lexus person nicely told me that this is a "feature" for backing up.

Doh!

Then I noticed a light on my dash board. It looked like the headphones for my DVD player. One of them needed new batteries so I thought "how smart -- it knows I need new batteries for a headset!"

One week later a person honks at me from a car next to me at a stoplight. "Do you know you have a flat tire?"

Doh!

Yep, I looked in the Lexus 900 page book and saw that the idiot light is the one indicating a flat. It had been on for about 2 weeks!

Doh! Doh!

:chairshot:

I am sorry but you made my day.

I thought that was so funny because it is so simple but with the damn amount of toys these cars have it is ridiculas to know them all.

I think it is very admirable of you to point out the simple things most will overlook unless told. I am sure someone will look at this page and so OMG ,that is what it is for. But of course they won;t fess up.

I felt the same way yesterday as i got some JDM power folding mirrors. I have been working on a schematic for over a month now to get tehm to work. Someone mentioned that they had some vibrating or anti vibration mirrors.I had no clue ,so i saw a nother post on another site saying shakey mirrors. So them all being in Europe and having the background of growing up with this option i felt sort of dumb to ask.But to my surprise it was the last 2 wires i didn;t know what to do with that meant i also have shakey mirrors. In case you were wondering it has some sort of mechanism that sounds like a witch scratching her nails on a blackboard. Let me tell you even though my mirrors also as reheated this thing vibrates tehm to remove moisture and snow,but also heats up even faster than the heated element. I was truley suprised to have a toy i didn;t even think i had.