Looking For An Sc400 In Canada

SCZam

Hello neighbour's to the south, I've been visiting this website the last few weeks in hopes of educating myself on these SC cars. I'm definately inspired by some of the banter, there is loads of knowledge being shared! Up here there are not many SC400's and no SC300's to choose from (I guess there wasn't enough of a mkt. in Canada). The ones I've looked at have traits talked about often in your forum, with the exception of RUST, which fortuately is not as prevalant in the U.S. Anyway, thanks, it is making my search for a 92-93 SC400 less intimidating and hopefully I'll make a good choice!

Good luck in your Search!

Rust, Rust, what does rust and a Lexus have in common. I thought they were mutually exclusive.

Lexus seems to be very well protected from rust. I don't know that I have ever seen a Lexus suffer from this Auto Cancer.

Have you seen s problem with Lexus' showing signs of rust in Canada?

:cheers:

The only lexus i have seen rust up hear are on 2 parts the front and rear reinforcement bars which are hidden behind the bumper so tehy don;t get washed at all.You never notice until the bumper is removed. The only other parts are by owner neglect of not waxing the car so stone chips will collect salt and rust under the surface.

Btw i saw a nice newer sc 400 i think it was a red 97 ( which is the last year they sold them here) at don valley lexus. I don;t know if they still have it. There are lots of 92-93's around ,i am suprised you haven;t found any.

If you can get a 95 and up it has a newer style engine ,it is a few thousean more but well worth the extra value.

I don't think you'll find to many SCs with rust on them. Because they're rear-wheel-Drive, most people don't want to operate the car in snow, especially up north. My dad didn't use my LS during winter when we lived in Syracuse. He kept using my G20, until he joined the SUV family.

Thanks for the responses folks, you're right, for the most part you don't normally see rust on any Lexus products, but for the 3 I've seen to date, they've all has spots emerging on the rear quarters just behind the back wheel. One was particularly bad under the hood, on the fenders (inner) near the firewall. I thought that was kinda odd. As for actually finding one, log onto Autotrader.ca, I always do a seach for all of Ontario, and generally there may be 1 page of SC400's. (maybe 6-8 cars.) Anyway I'll just keep my eyes peeled, and I'm sure the right SC & I will eventually hook up!

I know it's heckuva long way to go, but I'd say that it's worth it to buy a car from AZ, CA, TX, etc, just because they don't use road salt there. My '92 looks like it's a 1-year old car by the lack of stone chips and carpet stains that are normally found on cars in snowy/wet climates. Not only that, but because of the sheer number of these cars in those areas, the owners have a reason to price their cars competitively. I just drove mine 2700 miles from San Antonio to Seattle because of condition/price. It was well worth the $300 "same day" plane ticket.