Vsc Lights And Check Engine Light On - Now Car Sligtly Vibrates + Rpm

topgun129

Hi All,

So I was driving my 99 ES300 today and all of a sudden 2 VSC lights came on. Then about 5 minutes later the check engine light came on.

I had the error codes read at a store using an OBD unit and it spit out the following 3 error codes...

1153 - air/fuel sensor circuit response (bank1, sensor 2)

125 - insufficient coolant temperature for close loop

171 - air/fuel mixture system lean bank 1 (cylinder number 1 denotes bank 1)

I'm noticing now while I'm waiting at a light the car vibrates and the RPM fluctuates slightly.

Any ideas or suggestions or should I go straight to a shop? Or should I reset the lights and see if it comes on again?

Thanks in advance!

I had same symptoms on my 98 LS400 198,000 miles one month ago. The error messages provided were too numerous to mention. I settled for OCV replacements both left and right. All problems resolved. No more error messages, engine light. The motor sounds as it did in 2004 when purchased. I hope this may be helpful. I ordered the 2 Oil Control Valves from Philadelphia company, less than $100 each. Just trying to be helpful. This is my first post ever! (lol)

make sure your engine is getting up to normal operating temp (at least 170 deg F.) If your thermostat is old it may be stuck open causing overcooling.

Replaced thermostat past September and water pump. I was shocked though that this 98 Ls400 required year 2000 thermostat. I was shocked again with two tries at replacing door handle from South Carolina supplier of car parts. The first was 1994 Lexus door handle shipped. Second door handle for 1999 or 2000 model shipped. Surprised that in Japan how new model innovations are fitted into previous ones still in production covering two year span even. I'll just wait til spring before attempting 3rd door handle replacement - driver side. The engine runs very well, very quiet. Love this car more than any other in 55 years! Thanks for that info on thermostat.

My '96 ES330 has much the same problem; all the trouble lights have come on. At first they came on then went off, all within a few minutes. I took it to my repairman who couldn't find anything wrong. The lights continued to do this over the next several months (about 6000 miles) then they came on and won't go off. Is there some way to reset all these lights? The car runs fine....