Grrrr Trunk Shocks Not Good.

Got replacment trunk shocks and the bolt doesnt come off the old ones and the new ones didnt come with it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Took me 20 minutes to just take one off to relaize i wasted my time :(

1. On the brighter side this week Im installing my Viper 553 Remote start/alarm

2. Tints all the way around.

3. And Ordered a front Spoiler/lip from a Supra. Should be commin in sometime soon. should have it painted and on by end of week.

Will take pics and post them for all to see.

It would be nice to have the trunk stay up by itself but I hardly ever use my trunk, so I just use a golf club to hold it open if I had to use it... I'm sure I could change them without a problem but it's not worth it for me to go through the trouble!!!

Regarding the bolt not coming with the shock . had the same problem, Bought 2 new trunk lift supports (Trunk Shock's) took left shock off car, lo and behold no ball fitting with new shocks. Customer service at partsamerica seem like nice people, but they do not have a clue re parts. Currently waiting for new parts (vendor say's hardware should come with parts), Only time will tell

Never underestimate the complexity of a simple task

:

Got replacment trunk shocks and the bolt doesnt come off the old ones and the new ones didnt come with it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Took me 20 minutes to just take one off to relaize i wasted my time :(

1. On the brighter side this week Im installing my Viper 553 Remote start/alarm

2. Tints all the way around.

3. And Ordered a front Spoiler/lip from a Supra. Should be commin in sometime soon. should have it painted and on by end of week.

Will take pics and post them for all to see.

You must not have bought the shocks at the dealer. Which is no big deal, you just have to drill out the side of the old shock ball retainer so that you can reuse it.

The Supra lip sounds cool, show us some pictures.

Supra Lip

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

hope it looks good. Guy said it fits.

As for the shocks i was gonna drill out those bolts but then i got so annoyed cause i payed 50 bucks, and i didnt wanna ghetto rig anything. So i figured out another way to keep the trunk open i just removed the rubber supports between the bars and rear windows which allows the trunk to extend all the way. Works for now till i find a correct part.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It would be nice to have the trunk stay up by itself but I hardly ever use my trunk, so I just use a golf club to hold it open if I had to use it... I'm sure I could change them without a problem but it's not worth it for me to go through the trouble!!!

Go to Autozone and look for Mighty Lift Shocks..they have them for th SC 400 about 20 bucks each..dealer wants 156.00 ea for them!!!highway robbery!!!!

Good Luck