Can This Fix The Navigation Motion Lock Hassle In A 2Nd Gen Gs?

I have a 2004 GS430 (2nd generation) fitted, as is usual, with the Generation 01 satnav system - the one that starts up with this screen:

Generation01_zps236e6f5f.jpg

and which "features" (sic) the Motion Lock on the satnav (where I can't set/change destination and much else while the car is moving) drives me nuts. Lexus is not my Mother. I know.

I tried all the cheats I could find online, tapping various parts of the screen in sequence. One did get me to an information/diagnostics screen, but there was definitely no override capability there

I also tried cutting one of the wires into the centre console (forget which, now) as per forum suggestions, but that too made no difference so I spliced it back.

I then gave up.

Now, years later, I've checked to see what's available, and found this:

beatsonicnt0202_zpsc3b68fb1.jpg

This "Beatsonic nt0202" looks suspiciously like a button switch which simply cuts one of the wires in the loom at the back of the centre console. If so, it is unlikely to fix the motion lock.

Is it likely to work on my GS?

• 2 months later...

In case anyone else is interested, I bought the Beatsonic kit, fitted it and all works perfectly. It does what it says. There are electronics shrinkwrapped inside one of the connectors.

Only drawback, while the override is switched "on" to allow the satnav controls to be operated while the car is in motion, the car position is not updated by GPS. So when the override is "off" the position is shown wrongly on the display for a while, till the car figures out its position is wrong and it automatically updates. You don't need to do anything. How long this correcting takes seems to depend on the GPS satellite signals and/or location; anything from 20 seconds to 5 minutes.