25,000 Maintenance Service Really Needed?

Bobcuse44

I have a 2012 RX 350 with 24,000 miles and I'm getting the usual push to have the ultra expensive 25k maintenance service. I've had regular oil changes and inspections with zero issues. What do I really need?

The 25K service is not much different than the 20K service. It's the 30K service that is a little more extensive but I certainly would not call it "ultra expensive": http://drivers.lexus...0 WSG FINAL.pdf

You don't have to use a Lexus dealer - I rarely have in my 307,500 miles and 23 years of driving Lexus vehicles. If you do use the dealer, firmly resist any attempt to "upsell" services to you. Just follow the official maintenance schedule.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2012 RX 350 with 24,000 miles and I'm getting the usual push to have the ultra expensive 25k maintenance service. I've had regular oil changes and inspections with zero issues. What do I really need?

What is the going rate for this service @ the dealer?

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2013 at 10:36 AM, Bobcuse44 said:

The short answer is yes a owner should follow the maintenance schedule. Manufacturer recommended services are usually needed for the car to provide dependable service. Will the car stop working and break down if the recommended service is not performed? Maybe not, however I believe that cars that are properly maintained per the service chart is more dependable as time goes.