98 Gs300 Stereo System

ok what is the right wire harness for the 1st generation specifically a 1995 gs 300. I have gone with the 87-05 toyota and that doesnot fit. any answers to this issue. I do not want to cut the factory wire harness off.

ok what is the right wire harness for the 1st generation specifically a 1995 gs 300.  I have gone with the 87-05 toyota and that doesnot fit.  any answers to this issue.  I do not want to cut the factory wire harness off.

There isn't one, you'll have to strip the insulation on the OEM wire harness back and solder or tape the new harness on. <_<

• 6 months later...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO ON THE REPLACEMENT FOR THE PIONEER LCD. I recently bought a 99 GS300 and have been pretty disappointed about the radio display.

Hi. Just wanted to find out whether you actually went through with replacing the LCD on your GS300. Were you successful? Was it as easy as the person who put up the replacement part post said it was?

Thanks.

David

In case you are interested in the factory look, all you need is part no CWM4931 - LCD DISPLAY ASSY which you can get directly from Pioneer. It's a matter of a few simple screws to replace. Cost is $100.83. I did mine a few months ago. Very easy.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model....lNum=KEXM8076ZT

This part applies to the standard model with the cassette, not sure if it fits the Nacamichi. If you call Pioneer at 1-800-228-7221 they will be happy to help you. Take the radio out to get the exact model number if you need it. Here's how you get it out.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusGS400str.htm

Note you can't just buy the LCD part no CAW1385 because it is held to the rest of the assembly with a proprietary conductive bonded flex ribbon cable that is not possible to bond back to the assembly after you remove the display. I don't even know why they sell it seperately.

Sidenote: It is actually the connections on this cable that fail, but the good news is the replacement part has been redesigned with a metal clip at the connection point. Surely this will make the display last longer. I must have seen 15 Lexus cars with this problem already.

Hi saw this post from a while back. Is it really easy to change the LCD out? I don't have any special tools and have managed to take the console apart. I would like to repair it on my own if possible. Thank you.

David

• 8 months later...

if you went pioneer aftermarket stereo i could convert your gs changer to work with the aftermarket pioneer headunit for free. it would have to be a pioneer aftermarket.

i also sell a gs lcd repair kit with the 100.00 lcd and the 30.00 service manual for 115.00 shipped. with my directions anyone can replkace the lcd in 45 minutes.

emancy@woh.rr.com

e gus mancy

853 sylvan shores dr

south vienna,oh 45369

937 568 4538

how can I get that lcd repair kit, I need it bad.

• 1 month later...
Saw your reply.  I have a 2000 gs300 with a bad display. is the kit you mention the display module that can be refitted in the original radio. I have disassembled my radio and it looks quite easy to replace providing I can get the proper parts(display w/connector ribbon and pc board).  Is this a 2nd generation type and where can I get it.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm in the same situation. My 2000 GS300 radio display is only showing the top half of the numbers where the station number is displayed. Radio works fine, just can't see what station is tuned in. The car is a platinum edition and I'm pretty sure the radio is the pioneer (since there is no badging saying Nakamichi). Does anyone have the part number for the radio so I can check the Pioneer part site? I don't want to replace the factory radio, just fix the display.

Thanks and I must say this is the most informative Lexus site I've seen. :)

My 98Gs300 has the same problem. I disassemblyed it and found only one part # which is CNP 4522-b.

I can't find any part # like CWM4931 mentioned in the earlier post. I don't know which one is correct #. Have you figured out the part # or have had yours fixed? Please let us know. Thank.