Lexus Warranty, Maintenance --2013

Hi Guys,

I am considering for buying a new lexus RX 350 my questions are following.

1. Lexus Warranty- I am buying a new car so it is covered for 3 years I can buy this thing after 3 years. my dealer told that it will be costly but I think you could by it from Toyota dealership as well an it comes for ~ 1000 $$ ? any suggestion ?

2. maintenance plan not sure any review on this or dent proof plan ?

Thanks for your help in advance

• 1 month later...

Actually, the basic warranty is 4 years / 50 K miles, and a longer powertrain warrany also applies. In general, extended warranties can be costly unless you "plan" to be abusive to the car. I had one on a Mazda in 1985 (when the Mfg warranty was 12mo/12k), and it did not pay off.

• 9 months later...

I have a 2010 LEXUS LS460L

my 4 yr/50,000 is expiring soon

I am not an abusive driver & take my car to dealer for all it's maintenence schedules.

I plan to keep this awesome car for a long time.

I still can't decide

Is it worth it to buy extended warranty?

are there specific items I should be sure are included to make it worth the cost?

comments welcome

thank you

• 7 months later...

warranty plan? i really don;t what that is. i bought a 2010 RX350 last year and the dealer give me 6 year extended warranty for $1500. now last month, i went to lexus dealer for 20000 miles service. they told me i should pay almost $400 for that. i wonder what the warraty for. the customer service told me the warranty covers only breakdown. now my question is, is a almost new lexus that easy break down in first few years of buying? do we need to pay for that? if it;s easy to breakdown, what they say about the quality etc....

• 5 weeks later...