Esk Question.

OKSC3

Hey guys,

New to the SC300 scene. Looking to build on an automatic, and was wondering where I could fine an Electronic Shift Kit for the auto's. I know that there was some going around in Australia but I have yet to find a place to buy one. Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Kyle

Thats too bad, its odd that the aussies were able to get one out and running and we never did. Ohh well, I have a buddy who's brother is over there. I will see if he can ask around for one, I know the IS300 has one, but I don't know if the tranny setup is the same, and for some odd reason I doubt it.

Kyle

What year? They are practically the same. Never seen a "shift kit" for them either. I think you just mean reworked valves for more pressure. Changes the way the tranny works. Not sure on specifics. Unless you are talking about replacing the tranny with something else or changing shift points in the computer. I'm not sure what you are referring to by the aussies gettin one out and running.

Yeah they are different but if the guy made it for the sc400 he may have one for the sc300...you may also want to look and find out if the tranny model matches the one on the supras if it does you may be able to use a supra shift kit

If you guys don't mind me butting in, but what's the point for having ESKs? I assume it's for Drag applications, but wouldn't it be prudent to find someone making a Padel shifter or E-shifter, where you have control over the shifting?

It just makes for quicker firmer shifts on an automatic. It really dosen't help your speed or anything, but they reduce wear on the tranny specially when you get into higher horsepower applications. As AWJ had said, you can achieve a quicker shift by adjusting the valving in the transmission itself, but most electronic transmisions can just have a wired in kit that allows for the quicker shifts.

Well they do help speed wise a little by having you shifter harder and faster you gain a faster speed getting up to speed. and considering the lexus wsa somewhat designed for luxury the transmission is a little slow on the shifts.