Resetting Ls430 Maintenance Reqd Light

empeasea

Ah perhaps you mean you want to know how to do it yourself..

To reset the data, perform the following operations:

1. Push the “ODO/TRIP” button to change the display to blank.
  2. Turn the ignition switch off.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to “ON” with the trip meter “RESET” button held down.
  4. Keep pushing the “RESET” button for longer than 5 seconds after the ignition is turned on.

After the above operation, the master warning light comes

on, a warning tone sounds and the above message

appears to inform you that the engine oil maintenance

data has been reset. (U.S.A. only)

• Like 2

I appreciate the answer, but not the sarcasm. I hyave been playing with this issue for a year. With your advice I did the A trip, then the B trip and then changed the oil change data in the computer. All within 2 or 3 minutes of each other. I had done what you suggested more than once but could never get the light to go off. At any rate your answer prompted me to do the above seversl times and the light is gone. Again, thanks. Guess I was doing something wrong.

• Like 1

With your advice I did the A trip, then the B trip and then changed the oil change data in the computer.

Reread the instructions. This only works when neither A nor B trip odo is showing. It will never work with either showing.

That is the point of the first instruction:

- >> Push the “ODO/TRIP” button to change the (trip) display to blank.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thanks for this advice.  I read all through my manual and could not find where it says how to reset.  I see much other info on the meaning of the light, etc. but nothing on how to reset.  I am new to owning a Lexus and a do it yourself guy so I will use this resource several times I'm sure.  Good to be able to count on fellow do it yourselfers to answer even the simplest of questions,  Thanks again.