Rx450H Cvt Transmission Question

Based on how the Hybrid Synergy Drive works, there is not a simple, straightforward, answer to your question. The simplist but not complete answer is that, since the HSD tries to operate the ICE in its most efficient speed range (1500-2000 rpm) then obviously the highest gear ratio would be at the lowest speed which allows this engine speed.

If you are not familiar with how the Hybrid Synergy Drive controls the planetary gear set and two motor-generators to work as a power split device, and if you are interested in getting a better answer to your question, I would suggest reading the Wikipedia article on Hybrid Synergy Drive.

RiWyle

In re-reading my answer, I see I said highest gear ratio when I should have said lowest gear ratio. The answer is still basically the same, except the faster you are going the higher the gear ratio with a fixed engine speed. I wish ther were an engine tach on the car to see engine speed at very high car speed.

RiWyle