Stupid Parts From Japan

Lexual

Well after almost 2 months I finally got my sc400 back, stupid thing had an electrical fire and the wiring harnesses had to be recreated in japan and sent over :censored: stupid stupid stupid, while they were at it they replaced my timing belt and adjusted my valves, they said it looks like it had never been done :whistles: 104,000 with no basic tune up and the guy said the coolant smelled like sh :censored: t too, he thinks it may be orginal as well, could have swore i replaced it once. Oh Well, i am juste xcited to have my baby (lexus...baby same thing) back.

I am doing some more tune up work and some more add ons over the next 2 weeks, i am flushing the tranny, replacing the gasket and the filter in the tranny, hoping to put a lextreme t.c. in, putting on new distrubtor caps and rotors, replacing spark plugs and wires, and changing the oil as usual. Can anbody think of anything else mainatnce wise I should check on replacing????????I replaced the serptine not to long ago, just as a added note.

You might consider replacing the Coils. I had one go out a couple months ago and was lucky that I was only a couple miles from home. I limped it home on 4 cylinders. I then replaced both coils. Approximately $65.00 each from Advanced Auto Parts. These are the type items you should replace before failure.

:cheers:

Thanks bandit these are the little things i am looking for I have alot of performance stuff coming in the mail and I am trying to make sure it it in tip top shape before doing to much, also i have a slight bearing rattle noise coming from the serptine belt area if i turn off the A/C it doesnt do anything and moving the steering wheel doesnt either, the timing belt was just replaced and supoosedly the water pump was fine, any ideas on what it is???

The noise is probably your belt tensioner pulley. I bought one at AutoZone for like $65.00, but it is a pain to replace. I started the job and then gave up after I had a brainstorm!!! You simply remove the serpentine belt by wrenching on the belt tensioner, then remove the single bolt holding the pulley on. If you have access to a press, you simply press the old bearing out and replace it. I bought the bearing from a local industrial supply house for like $3.75 I was back up and running in no time.

I know what you mean, I'm in the process of changing a motor mount, tranny mount, and the center support bearing. After that, it should be good for a while (already did the tranny flush and all other fluid changes), not sure if the timing belt was done recently, so I'll be doing that next and in time I'm sure the suspension is going to need to be looked at... FUN, FUN, FUN!

• 7 years later...

I know what you mean, I'm in the process of changing a motor mount, tranny mount, and the center support bearing. After that, it should be good for a while (already did the tranny flush and all other fluid changes), not sure if the timing belt was done recently, so I'll be doing that next and in time I'm sure the suspension is going to need to be looked at... FUN, FUN, FUN!

I know this is an old thread. I'm not sure if you're going to see this. How was changing the center support bearing? Was it a pain? My mom's 1995 SC400 needs that done... They want to charge $500 for the labor and $200 for the part at the dealer here... Just wondering what you think and how the job went for you. Thanks!