2014 Lexus Is

UCF3

I like it. IMHO, I expect it will look even better in person.

The basic proportions and sleek roofline are similar to current IS, but Lexus is being unusually brave with the 2014 in a class of cars that tends to be very conservative. I would buy one, especially if a different engine is offered that steps up above the very good and current 3.5L (I don't expect to see the -F V8 return).

Found this image out there as well. It's definitely different.

You maybe right about the F car not returning with the V8. I know a lot of the Lexus and Toyota folks believe it's a success in the here and in the EU. Perhaps they'll offer it V6 turbo like the M3s.

2014-Lexus-IS-2.jpg

From a practical viewpoint, the 3" of extra wheelbase and thinner front seats should really improve back seat legroom.

From a drivers standpoint on the IS350, the 8 speed (from IS-F) should be biggest drivetrain improvement.

I like the look. For those that feel the grill is a bit too much, darker colors will tone that down, it looks great in the dark metallic gray colors IMO.

^ Agreed it's growing on me too. It still looks like a IS and still looks like a Lexus, certainly more aggressive than past versions. Good to see Lexus take this segment so seriously, it's too lucrative to ignore.

Just found out we're not getting the IS350 in the UK.

We get the hybrid and the 250. Their never going to sell the 250! Road tax will be too high on it. I think they would have more chance of shifting the IS350 over here as if your going to pay obscene road tax per year then it needs to be at least worth it and have a faster car!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally don't care for it. That is why I went on and got my '13. Of course, I hated the 370Z when it was first introduced and within a year loved it and had to have one. (that is what I traded in on my IS).

I was so unsure of what the options would be as far as convertible and the F-Sport trim package like I have. I love my car. I hope I'm not disappointed that I didn't wait for a '14.

@ 13IS250c, I'm like you. At first I won't like the new look but eventually it will grow on me. It's too bad you didn't wait for the 14s. The LFA style dash is my favorite feature so far.

I trade cars about every 2 1/2 years. Maybe by the time they grow on me I will be ready for one. ;)

I see you have some Infinitis listed in your signature. Do you ever go on NICO? I traded a G37 coupe in on my 370Z. As a certified car NUT, I'm always looking for the next car I want to own.

I trade cars about every 2 1/2 years. Maybe by the time they grow on me I will be ready for one. ;)

I see you have some Infinitis listed in your signature. Do you ever go on NICO? I traded a G37 coupe in on my 370Z. As a certified car NUT, I'm always looking for the next car I want to own.

Afraid, I;m not on NICO. I'm on 6speedonline.com and mostly on this forum and CL. I was modding on one of the Infiniti forums back in the day but haven't been on it for quite sometime. Why do you ask?

Glad to see the 2014 is longer and the back seat area is more space. I don't see any fog lights. What happened over over?

Afraid, I;m not on NICO. I'm on 6speedonline.com and mostly on this forum and CL. I was modding on one of the Infiniti forums back in the day but haven't been on it for quite sometime. Why do you ask?

Oh, just because I'm on it all the time. The fellas let me stay when I went Lexus. We have some good friendships going.