My Car Is A Dog

CanadaCraig

a car with a 455 V8 might have 230 hp but it must have a lot of torque.

many cars are faster at low end and not as fast in the high. like ferraris the 360 modena that has a V8 has a faster quartermile than the v12 550 maranello but from there the v12 will kill the v8

meaning our cars may be slow in the begining than some 4 cyliner but after that first gear or two say bye bye to the 4 cylinder

Thanks Denny, 99lsguy, VMF, alexus, lUZ-FE, Kemo, UCF3, jzz30, 90LS400Lexus, 93LSOwner and skperformance!!

I appreciate all of the replies.

Today [Thursday] I will be dropping off my LS at my Lexus dealer. The Lexus Technician has asked me if he could take MY car home with him - overnight - so HE could get a 'feel' for my car. He doesn't believe that I need wheel bearings - which were already ordered - based on what I've told him. He's a nice guy - so I'm more than happy to have someone who might know a thing or two about the LS to drive MY car. I'll be sure to let you know what he says. He did ask if I thought the trunk in my car would hold a 'large man'. Hmm... I wonder what that's all about. j/k

As for the 'getting new fuel injectors' suggestion - that just MIGHT be the answer to at least one of my cars problems. I'll ask the technician to take note of that. Sometimes my car seems surprisingly quick - and other times [like when I raced that Sentra] it feels frustratingly gutless. And just so some of you know... I don't WANT to burn-rubber. I just want my car to be as 'fit' as it can be. As it is now - I can't count on 'it' to respond the same way each time I press on the 'go pedal' - and that takes away my confidence in the car.

I always allow my car to fully warm up before I drive even remotely aggressively. I believe more than just the water needs warming. Every part should be given a chance to become fully 'fluid' - if you know what I mean. I also [almost always] drive with the ECT in PWR mode.

My car has new plugs and wires. All of the valves have been adjusted. A new timing belt and water pump were installed and new 'idlers'. I also have new Bridgestone Turanza LS-V's. [which are a bit on the noisy side - I think] The rotor and distributor cap have not been changed. [at least not since I've owned it - as of October of last year] So maybe that's something to think about.

Thanks again - everyone!!

Craig!! :)

a car with a 455 V8 might have 230 hp but it must have a lot of torque.

many cars are faster at low end and not as fast in the high. like ferraris the 360 modena that has a V8 has a faster quartermile than the v12 550 maranello but from there the v12 will kill the v8

meaning our cars may be slow in the begining than some 4 cyliner but after that first gear or two say bye bye to the 4 cylinder

Yes- it seemed like a very "torqey" engine. The model year before on this car (1971 Buick Electra) was rated at 360 horsepower. The 71 Oldsmobile Toronado with the 455, as well as the 71 Lincoln Continental Mark III was rated at 375 horsepower. I remember that my old 1971 Oldsmobile would really roll the front tires. It was a FWD car. Takes a powerful engine to do that on a FWD 4400 lb car.

come on ,i'll whip out my civic with my new hid's i gained like 12 horsepower to my nose with these things i'll take on an of you. lmao

:lol:

btw i sure did notice a huge difference in the alternator causing drag on the engine from the less power the hid's use. I was suprised as my Lexus didn;t seem anywhere near in a difference. But i drive with my lights on all day and night.

90LS I had a 1970 Electra 225 and a 1971 Electra 225. The 70 was quite a fast car for a land yacht. The 1970 455 had tremendous horsepower and would really go. My 71 was not nearly as fast as it was eben bigger and I think the horsepower had dropped that year. My 70 got about 10-12mpg, while the 71 got about 6-8mpg. Even the VP would be happy at the way that thing guzzled premium.

Obviously tires have a lot to do with the LS's ability to burn rubber. My tires aren't that good, they are GoodYear Aquatred III's which are great in the rain and terrible the rest of the time. Having a little left over winter sand on the streets really helps you break them loose but be careful, with the posi, the car goes sidewards quickly.

Aren't the SC's front wheel drive? Nobody wants to see a FWD car burn out because it just doesn't look right. My friend did it with his Cadillac northstar and while it did burn out, it looked rediculous.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone