Sc300 Exaust

I want to add a nice sounding exaust system on my 1995 sc300. i want to spend the least amount. i would prefer to change everything up to the headers, but if it cost too much id rather just get catback. can you list prices and etc... and sound clips of the exhausts. thx

intellextual has exhaust sound clips. what sound are you looking for? loud, quiet, low rumble, high whine, rice even? i know that magna flow and jic are loved. a full exhaust without headers would be Greddy, i think thats around $900. the headers you can get at lextasy. personally im saving up for the true dual exhaust. lextasy headers, custom pipes, and borla exhaust.

I am going to be in the same exhaust situation as soon as i get my sc300 "hopefully this week" i want to immediantly put some sort of exhaust on it. i want a little rumble but also alittle of its imported heritage. will borla give it to much of a domestic sound? and greddy is known in the import world for is extreme RICER sound is this the same with the rear section for the sc300? :huh:

GReddy isn't known at ALL for having a "RICER" sound. I don't know where you're getting that. In my 10 years of being in the "scene" I have never heard that. Now when you get to companies like Skunk2 (Skunkworks) 5Zigen, Tanabe Medalion (Super Racing and Ultra), RS-R GT2, A'PEXi N1, and HKS Hiper (Hi-Power), these all make a very -buzzing- type noise because of their Muffler design. GReddy's only "straight can/tip" design is the Evo which makes a very deep tone, the same goes with the HKS Dragger design.

The Borla exhaust will give you an extremely low throaty tone. Personally, I really like the Borla sound. But, In my case I think it would be too quiet with a turbo in the exhaust flow. (Since it's a quieter design to begin with) So, I will probably opt for something a little louder..

Well like stated above from what i have heard it seems that greddy exhaust give that "weedeater" buzzing noise "could be mistaken. but with that being said. a few months after getting my car i plan on boosting it. now that that is on the table what exhaust set up will give me that throaty roar but also let me hear the turbo spool. but i may just be rambling out of my a:censored: but who knows.

Well, any turbo setup is going to quiet your exhaust, but if you're going down the path of forced induction by Turbocharging, you're going to want a bigger exhaust. When you have a naturally asperated car, you want a smaller exhaust system to give your car back pressure, this is what helps create torque. If you stuck a 3" exhaust systen on a N/A car, you would lose torque, but gain some top end. With a turbo setup, you have a giant spinning wheel in the path of exhaust, there is no problem with back pressure, so you can go with a much larger, free-flowing system, and get massive gains from this, both top and bottom end.

I would suggest if you're going to eventually get a turbo setup, wait and buy exhaust until that time. This way you're not driving around with a 3" exhaust system that is going to get you no where. When the time comes that you're installing the turbo setup, THEN get your exhaust system. This way you can properly choose an exhaust system that will mount flawlessly with your downpipe. Personally, I think this is the way to go. If you were to buy now, you might run in to complications later, that would need more fabrication. Things tend to work out better when you have the full exhaust components on hand, to measure and fabricate as you see fit, or need.

This is just something that I've learned after having many turbocharged cars.

It's just an electronic cut out. I like the idea myself. Power to a solenoid blank flange. Put it at the end of the dp on a y. Greddy or Trust(thanks to the parts on ma ridez) has always been good to me too by the way.

Just installed my MaganaFlow mufflers and replaced the resonators with straight pipes.

Sounds awesome.

I had no idea an SC300 could sound like that.

part # for the Magnas is 14829

I got them really cheap ($200 for the pair...shipped)

Installation at a local shop (including the resonator delete) was $100

I was gonna buy the Borlas at first but for a much better price I think I got a sound and performance boost much better than the one I would have gotten if I just went with the Borla axle-back bolt-ons.

I'll post pictures in this thread tonight when I get home. =)

I'd record the sound but I don't have a digital recorder and I don't think this sound can be properly conveyed through computer speakers.

borla is quieter. borla has its own tune though. all borla exhausts have a signature note it that i just cant put my finger on. but damn i love it.

oh yah and for a nice exhaust sound. go to your local autozone, pick up some exhaust pipes. grab an empty folgers can. apply duct tape. and rev her hard. youll fall in love. promise

It's just an electronic cut out. I like the idea myself. Power to a solenoid blank flange. Put it at the end of the dp on a y. Greddy or Trust(thanks to the parts on ma ridez) has always been good to me too by the way.

I also like the idea of it, but don't think it's very practical. In my mind that is just something else to break or cause a problem, but you are very right.. It wouldn't be THAT expensive, it's basically an electronic cut-out. And yes, I've seen many cars that have something similar installed. If your car needed 4" exhaust dumping off the DP, then I would say yes. In my mind 3" exhaust isn't that large for a forced 2J, and could handle more than enough CFM for atleast 5-600 hp.

its just that i will have the car for a good while before i can afford to boost it.. so i want to get a regular n/a exhaust to last me for a while before i boost it. and i figure if i am going to drop 8-1000 $$$ might as well just keep that exhaust on there then just weld or bolt no a dump valve. but now that i think about it i guess i could just sell the used aftermarket exhaust when i boost it and get a larger one. "? how is the demand for used sc300 parts???" i would guess fairly great simply because of the fact that the parts are "hard"to some extent to find. but we'll just have to see what cards are played