Does anyone know the procedure to reset the 2003 LS430 nav system? I looked on line and found several procedures but they all say to remove the box from the trunk, then remove 10 screws from the rear panel to access circuit boards, unplug a connector, wait, then reassemble but my unit has only five screws on the back and the rear panel is part of the chassis. I couldn't find a reset button or hole, though I didn't remove the side brackets. I unplugged the unit, waited, then reinstalled it but there is still no nav audio. I removed the DVD, powered down, then reinstalled it without any luck. The nav system works fine otherwise and the car audio system works fine too. I checked the settings menu and voice guidance is enabled for all modes. The unit is a Denso U2.

First response: Although I didn't disconnect the negative battery cable, I did remove the unit from the car for over 30 minutes which should do the same thing. I tried several volume settings including off, then on with no luck. Second response: No nav voice guidance audio

First response: disconnecting the NAV unit isn't the necessarily a reset solution for the audio. Maybe the NAV unit is fine but it is the acceptance of that audio stream and processing it with the head end audio unit that is the problem. I don't claim this will do anything but its trivial to try and you don't seem to have a lot of better options right now.

Second Response: re: I tried several volume settings including off, then on with no luck. You are aware the volume for NAV is a touch screen based setting and nothing to do with the volume control for the audio unit? Changing audio volume does nothing for NAV voice level

• 1 month later...