Es 300H Pricing

ksLex

Have just started looking at a 2013 ES300h. I know the model is hot and that the dealers are not going to be inclined to do great deals. For anyone out there who has bought one in the past month, what am I going to pay? Full MSRP? Some discount off MSRP?

FYI.... I'm in no hurry, so if the negotiations/search takes a couple months, no problem. I'm located in the Southeast, but any dealer willing to make a FAIR deal can get my business.

You might as well shoot for invoice or below. You can always bargain upward if you start low but you can't bargain downward if you start high. If you are not comfortable bargaining, consider using a buying service but you will likely pay more than if you do the negotiating yourself. It's much easier if you are a cash buyer with no trade-in and if you can resist the evil F&I salesman. And don't forget that many dealers allow putting a large percentage of the purchase price on a credit card - my wife got a butt-load of frequent flyer/hotel points by charging much of the purchase price when she bought a new Prius v wagon last year which, having all available options, had a list price almost identical to a base ES300h. She paid substantially less than invoice for her Prius.

I'm with you on the cash buyer thought. I always treat the car itself as a separately negotiated transaction.

I just have this vision of Lexus sending a ultimatum to all their dealers that no one is to break ranks and give a deal on this new model. Am I paranoid or what?

:o

If the ES300h really is that "hot", maybe wait until the supply is better. I actually find it fun to deal with car salesman but a friend once called me "a salesman's worst nightmare"! It seems to drive some salesman a little crazy that I am unemotional when buying a car and treat the transaction like I was buying a piece of equipment.

Consider using a buying service. Like I said, you'll pay a bit more but it can remove all or at least most of the "B.S." and stress from the transaction and get you a better price if you are not comfortable negotiating. It's a big plus that you don't need or want a car immediately - salesmen can sense when people do like sharks can smell blood in the water.

Have you considered the new Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid? Formerly the ES and Camry were based on the same mechanicals but now it's the ES and Avalon - same wheel base, same interior demensions, same drive trains including the hybrid system.

time is on your side....If you use the internet, I find the non face to face an advantage....Also you can get dealerships bidding against each other....Now hope the thats not fair group doesnt start yelling.

Dealership inventory is getting better on that model, you should be able to get something off of MSRP. I don't think invoice is realistic though. Even on the gas ES when I was shopping in November, I could get $2,000 or $2,500 off, but that was all I could get. The Hybrid will be tighter.

If you can get $2,000 off that car I say you did well.

I did notice a great disparity on the inventories for this model. There are pockets of good inventory numbers. & the difference does not seem to follow bigger cities (& assumed higher volumes) Go figure!

My first foray into a buying service got $2000 off on a MSRP of $47,500. Maybe there is hope!

Patience is truly a friend of your check book. Even with tight inventory, a dealer has to meet their "number of units sold" obligation to Lexus and whomever the dealer uses to finance their rotating inventory from month to month. As S.W. at least and I can attest to, anyone who buys the families groceries based on commisions from sales of a product, usually can receive an additional Bonus or "Spiff" if they can meet their required budgeted sales number each month. Additionaly, it is normal at two times during the year, the end od each quarter, and the end of December or what ever month of the year the dealers fiscal year ends. The end of the quarter, because the dealer may have an interest due payment owed to whomever does his/her financing, and remember that new and off-lease, trades, are always coming in that require constant cash flow out.

The other boring part of your purchase falls under the dealers "Doors Open" daily cost such as payroll, utilities, taxes, blah, blah. OK, after all that, how can you buy that Hybrid and take advantage of this dealeers business model.

Here in Des Moines, (about 850,000 MSA population) The Lexus dealer had a very luke warm December finish. The 2013's of all models were well recieved but no one felt their life would end without one. If the dealer inventory was short such as Hybrid they got on the phones and internet and scoured the midwest for a swap to get that Hybrid.

With a lackluster yearend, The dealer, if they can find them, will be burning up the keyboard and phone lines to find you that Hybrid. Remember, there has never been a small to medium business that didn't need cash coming in.The 2013 ES350 I wanted was no where to be found localy or in the upper Midwest, equiped the way I wanted. It was approx 15 days until the end of the month. I told them I was serious about a car like that if they could find it. But I needed a couple of things. If it came with Bridgstone tires I would want them changed to Michelin Primacy. I wanted the $1,000 coupon off, plus an additional $1500 off. just for hassle factor in waiting to find what I wanted. To make sure they knew I was Serious, I gave them a check for just $1,000 as earnest money, and we shook hands with a deal.

The next day, I got a call from my rep. saying they found a ES like I wanted, but it was still in the ship yard in Japan. It would be about 6-8 weeks and would I wait. I didn't need it right away so I said yes but, man thats 2 months. Your right he said. I'll take another anoter $750 off the price just because you've been so patient with us.

Thiers a Hybrid somewhere at your price.

Paul

I pulled the trigger this weekend. Am now the proud owner of an ES300

5% off sticker. It really was not a hard negotiation, just stuck to the price target I had in my head. BTW.... Internet/phone deals are the way to go. :excl:

I have been looking for a long time. Wife's car was on it's last leg so I checked inventory and asking price was $46,256 (give or take ten bucks, I can't remember the last two digits). Everything but the ultra luxury package and without special wheels. I called around and that was pretty much the price. I looked at cars.com as well as the Costco car buying service and USAA car buying service. Best price I could get was $44,995, including at my dealer. I waited a few days, checked my local dealer's inventory on line and called. I said I'd pay 44k exactly but I don't want to come in and haggle; yes or no. He said yes. It was easy as pie. Nicest experience I've EVER had buying a car.

Have just started looking at a 2013 ES300h. I know the model is hot and that the dealers are not going to be inclined to do great deals. For anyone out there who has bought one in the past month, what am I going to pay? Full MSRP? Some discount off MSRP?

FYI.... I'm in no hurry, so if the negotiations/search takes a couple months, no problem. I'm located in the Southeast, but any dealer willing to make a FAIR deal can get my business.

What state are you located....

If you want the absolute best deal, get the package offered by fightingchance.com. I have bought 2 cars using their technique and have gotten great deals on both. The last car was our 2013 RX. We got it below dealer invoice by quite a bit. I don't have any stake in the company, but I am convinced you will do no better than to use these folks. Briefly, it is a bidding process that will take about 2 days total. You will also get a bunch of info on availability, what others have paid, exactly how to conduct the process etc. etc. Besides, it is fun to do and satisfying to know you are getting the best deal possible.

• 2 months later...

I just picked up my ES 300h in Iowa last week. I bought it for $3,000 off sticker plus body side moldings thrown in for free--I think they list for $199. This would have been just about at dealer invoice based on invoice information I saw in the web. I dealt strictly over the internet and told the sales guy I would make an offer and they could either accept it or reject it, but I didn't want to go through the horrible negotiation process. He was able to adapt his dealership's usual selling process to accomodate my preference not to haggle and we made the deal in the matter of hours--the time to exchange emails and time for him to get his manager's approval. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Incidentally, if you are a Costco member, through their car buying program a Lexus dealer in Schaumburg, Illinois, will sell a Lexus for $700 over invoice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just bought a 2015 300h for $38,900 + TT&L. MSRP was $47,084.00 with the following optional equipment; Bamboo & leather steering wheel, Blind Spot Monitor, Nav System, HID Headlamps w/LED daytime running lamps, Intuitive Parking Assist, Luxury Package (perf leather trimmed interior, heated and ventilated seats, bamboo interior trim, power tilt & telescopic steering wheel, Memory system for drivers seat, mirrors & steering wheel, remote keyless entry) Rear Sunshade, Rain Sensing Wipers, Mats & Rear Bumper App. Four other Lexus dealers couldn't touch the deal and said to buy it.. did I really get that good a deal and why couldn't the other dealers match it? I am assuming that because gas is so cheap and hybrids are not selling across all lines, the dealer just wanted to get it and several others they were offering for the same price, off the lot. I also assume they have back end money from the December to Remember promo coming to them for hitting sales goals?

I picked up my new 2015 ES300H on December 29th. Same options as Teck Trek including hard disk drive nav system with voice recognition, wheel locks, trunk mat, cargo net, floor mats, side molding trim, rear bumper applique and remote start package for $47,234 MSRP. Leased it for $5,000 down, $531.90/month for 33 months. Purchase option at the end of the lease is $30,702.10.

I think I got a great deal! I really wanted the collision avoidance and the Levinson audio, but that was a special order and I couldn't wait that long. I'm also pushing for Windows OS connectivity with the nav/Enform systems as my family all use Nokia Lumia 1020's on ATT. I do get most of the options, but miss the SMS text apps. I'm currently slugging through the SIX ,manuals! I just wish they had made them more readable!