Ls 430 Bad Smell And Amplifier Problem.

lexusv8man

I love my LS430 and it has been a great car. Until recently. It has started making a very very bad smell when the heater is on. It makes the smell most badly when decelerating or accelerating. I am going to check the a/c drain pipes to see if they are blocked. Is there anyway of cleaning the a/c unit because I am sure this is where it is coming from. Also the Mark Levinson amplifier appears to be very selective about operation. Sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't.The car has only covered 38,000 miles and I don't think this is acceptable that an audio component should fail with so little use.This has been an ongoing problem for over a year but the dealer wasn't interested.Has anyone else had similar problems ?

• 2 months later...

I wrote a post on the mark Levinson AMP issue here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/75340-2001-ls430-w-nav-and-mark-levinson-problem/#entry461105

And I think my cabin filter is accessible from the trunk under the rear deck, if I am not mistaken. I will also check the recommendation of CuriousB and see if there is one behind the rear Glove compartment.

Hmm, Im wondering if these are related....I dont have an LS, I have a gs, and if the cabin filter got stopped up along with the ac evap box drain getting plugged up, it would create a horrible smell and water would collect and then seep out and get on the factory amp...hmm, maybe Im just imagining things though...