Disable Traction

• 3 months later...

Nabil: Pied1946 again. When I got my '06 GS430, they gave me a '07 GS430/GS350 manual also. The female sales persons

mistake really, I had already found the '06 manual in the trunk lashed where the first aid kit was suppose to go. In the manual, you

did get one didn't you? Go to the back and lookup TRAC(traction control), go to the page referenced and you should find that the

procedure involved is not on the dash; but under the lip of the center console. "Quickly push and release the TRAC button under the center console alongside the PWR/ECT/SNOW button, the upper Trac cntrl light will come on and stay on the indicator lights

around the speedometer." Simply push the TRAC button again and that indicator light will go out again and you are back into Traction control mode. NOW, with your GS300 AWD model it may not have this feature since, it is a All Wheel Drive system that is prodominate all wheel drive TRACTION, TRACTION, & TRACTION oriented machine to start with. I've never been inclined to disable my traction control, because of two things; (1) I'm 67 yo and a diesel engine repair person (tire spin is not good) (2) $260++ tires X4 Michelin Pilot Sport 245/40ZR18 93Y M+S tires. I want mine GS430 to flat out go, no tire spin and get passed the century

mark quickly. So my first purchase will be the UniChip & harness like I told you about the first time. With the speed limiter disabled,

then when I can get the wife to allow the expenditure to the budget I will get SS Cat back exhaust system and I will do a dry carbon

fiber overlay of an aluminum box to house the K&N air filter that I already run. Then it's off to Tucson,AZ to the closest tuner for

UniChip and have the Catback and colder air programmed into the UniChip.

Nabil: Pied1946 again. When I got my '06 GS430, they gave me a '07 GS430/GS350 manual also. The female sales persons

mistake really, I had already found the '06 manual in the trunk lashed where the first aid kit was suppose to go. In the manual, you

did get one didn't you? Go to the back and lookup TRAC(traction control), go to the page referenced and you should find that the

procedure involved is not on the dash; but under the lip of the center console. "Quickly push and release the TRAC button under the center console alongside the PWR/ECT/SNOW button, the upper Trac cntrl light will come on and stay on the indicator lights

around the speedometer." Simply push the TRAC button again and that indicator light will go out again and you are back into Traction control mode. NOW, with your GS300 AWD model it may not have this feature since, it is a All Wheel Drive system that is prodominate all wheel drive TRACTION, TRACTION, & TRACTION oriented machine to start with. I've never been inclined to disable my traction control, because of two things; (1) I'm 67 yo and a diesel engine repair person (tire spin is not good) (2) $260++ tires X4 Michelin Pilot Sport 245/40ZR18 93Y M+S tires. I want mine GS430 to flat out go, no tire spin and get passed the century

mark quickly. So my first purchase will be the UniChip & harness like I told you about the first time. With the speed limiter disabled,

then when I can get the wife to allow the expenditure to the budget I will get SS Cat back exhaust system and I will do a dry carbon

fiber overlay of an aluminum box to house the K&N air filter that I already run. Then it's off to Tucson,AZ to the closest tuner for

UniChip and have the Catback and colder air programmed into the UniChip.

Interesting!!! There's a UniChip available for the GS? I'm going to have to wait til my engine is rebuilt (CSP) before I consider chipping or getting an X pipe exhaust system. I like the idea of a carbon fiber overlay intake. Did you delete the intake plenum and added a cone?

Unfortunately, the AWD doesn't have a Trac disable button. One of the other forums mentioned a sequence of steps to follow that will disable the VDC on the AWDs

---------

Courtesy of lkapimp216 on Clublexus.com

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start

the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal

and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, the disengage it (while holding down the brake

pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, the disengage it (while

holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

VDC light will remain off until you restart your engine again and you have 30

seconds to follow the procedure.

------------------------

Nabil: Like I said, all I need to do is get mama to come across with $595 + s&h; call Unichip that has already located a harness that

will work with their chip and the '06 GS430; tell them to do their magic after telling them the engine code 3UZFE. I will come with the

K&N filter preprogrammed only, but when I talked to the R&D person I specified that I wanted the speed limiter eleminated. No prob-

lem was the response. No I will not do away with the plenum, I will get my son that is a professional welder to build me an aluminum

box with o-ring gasket seal on the top; then I will proceed to dry carbon fiber overlay this with several layers for heat shielding. I then

will get a 6061 aluminum tube to run from the throttle body with the appropriate bends in it and all the fitments attached. I will lay

carbon fiber around this also. I would also like to replicate the intake nozzle that comes off the top of the radiator wall down to the in-

let of the box with aluminum inards and carbon overlay for shielding. But this will be every tricky as the orignial on the GS430 is only

a 3/4" opening several inches long. The aluminum with carbon overlay is not my idea, it is just duplicating the Toyota Crown Majesta

intake system. If I could simply get one sent in from JA land (amateur term for Japan), I would. But that could be expensive to say

the least. Plus I wouldn't even know how to get ahold of someone over there that does tuning for a living to get one sent.......... Oh,

well nothing is easy now adays. But yes all you will have to do is call UniChip tell them what the engine code is and the model of

Lexus you have, with the included funds and you are on your way. Now the only intake filter they program for is the K&N, but you

simply take it to a tuner that they will find for you in your area. He will have to put the car on a dyno and massage the piggyback

program for anything that you wish to add - catback - coldair intake - etc. etc. I would prefer the aFE dry filter instead because of

all the work and possible oil soaking of the MAF that is possible with the K&N. I've had to drive through quite a few dust storms the

last few years in the SE corner of NM, the K&N can get rather dirty rather quicky!