Iphone Connection

mjrome

I have a 2013 ES 350 and I've synched my Iphone 5 without problems. The only problem I have is that when connected I and listening to radio or streaming I get no sound from the phone itself if a text or email comes in. It's almost as if the sound on the phone is muted when connected to the Lexus multimedia.

Anyone experience this and solve it?

When the phone is connected via Bluetooth, the email or text sound is routed through the audio system. So if you aren't listening to something off of the phone, such as the BT streaming or apps, you won't hear any phone sound when a text or email comes in.

Thank you for your prompt response. Just to clarify, even if I'm listening to the regualr car radio, a text message which is sent is silent. It's as if the the car has control of the phone once I start the car and it is connected. I was wondering if there was anyway I could listen to the radio and still have sound going to my phone. If I shut off the bluetooth on my phone, then my phone calls obviously can't go through car's multimedia system. If I go to bluetooth on the car's display and press stop or pause, I can hear the text, but once I go back to the radio, the phone goes silent again.

Thanks

Mike

Correct. You could disconnect the car as a bluetooth audio player and not as a phone, its two separate connections.

Its a phone issue, I don't think theres any way for it to not send alert tones when its connected through bluetooth as an audio player.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless your situation is different than what I think....

If you enable the "messages" feature in the phone / nav system, your text will be alerted to you through the car sound system. You can then select the button that has the little gal in the dash read the text to you. This way it doesn't matter if you can hear your actual phone or not. Everything goes through the phone / nav system. I assume an email will be alerted to you as well... although I have not tried that yet.

Cheers!