Anyone Have A Friend In Lexus Service?

K9crew

Park Place Lexus in Texas SUCKS!!! I've been trying for months to get the service history for my '99 LS from them. I've made numerous calls and sent three faxes with proof of ownership and identity. The problem is that the Hawaii Lexus dealer is an independent entity in the sense that they are not part of the huge mainland Lexus network and so are unable to access the service history for my car. A lady in service by the name of Rebecca was initially very helpful and she faxed me part of the records from 30k to 60k miles but didn't complete the job. I called her three times but only managed to speak to her once. She apologized for the delay (December) and promised to send me the rest. I gave her my address but nothing came so I called again, then called again but she was "unavailable". I finally called her manager whose name is Jason Peel. He made some excuse for her behavior and promised to send me the rest of the records. A month passed and nothing so I called him again. He told me he'd take care of it and finally a completely useless, abbreviated, unintelligible one page list arrived. It's not even close to the incomplete records that Rebecca originally sent. I called Park Place asking for the General Manager but they don't have one. So now what? :angry:

I've been courteous and patient but it's achieved nothing. I'm hoping that a member here has a very good relationship with their local service person and can help me obtain the service records.

Thanks for any help.

:)

They don't have a general manager? Huh? I do business with car dealerships for a living and EVERY dealership has a general manager. Maybe he's just not called the "GM" but has a different title, but ask to speak to whomever runs the show. They just tried to blow you off. Someone has to be in charge...

racerhoze,

I don't know which Park Place it is since I've never been there but their address is 1025 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75093.

SW03ES,

The operator told me that they have managers for each department but no General Manager. Jason Peel is the service department manager. Perhaps I should ask to talk to the owner. I'm sick and tired of having to be a bad !Removed! just to get good service. Each person that I spoke to (three in all) asked me to send the BOS, proof of ID and a copy of the title. I had to send three faxes containing that information. I've been very patient thus far but I'm fed up with dealing with them. I know that I'd never buy a car from them. If I ever end up in Texas I'd drive 500 miles NOT to buy from them!!

I work at Johnson Lexus in Raleigh, NC. There are managers for each dept: service, detail, preowned and new cars. There is also a GM/ owner just like SW03ES said. you might try calling lexus america about this. I know that at johnson lexus this wouldn't happen b/c they are obsessed with making "Elite" for the 10th year. Calling lexus america and complaining is like grabbing that dealer by their.... (you know) and squeezing until they say uncle and give you the records. Hope this helps.

I worked at Park Place lexus in plano. Jordan Case is the GM. Jason Peel and Kevin Bole are the Service Managers. I'd been with this company for so long. Park Place lexus is not like it used to be couple years ago. If you need to access to the service record. PM me and I will help you out. I still have some good friends working there. Actually I employ all the tech used to work for parkplace :)

JPI

PARK PLACE LEXUS!!!!

That's where my 99 LS came from :

remember those guys took the alloy (spare & all) rim out of the trunk before it went to auction :angry:

My local Lexus dealer ran the Vin# and found out the history. Checked out ok but there were some erroneous entries......

I'm with you K9!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding to this topic ... I got sidetracked with work and home related issues and didn't get around to responding :blushing:

THANKS SO MUCH to those of you that have replied. I'm going to PM JPI right now to see if he can help me out.

thanks for the first hand account and support!

I use newlexusparts.com for a parts supplier.

This web site is also known as Park Place Lexus.

I happen on occasion to pick-up the parts instead of having them shipped.

On those occassions, I have had nothing but the best service and courtesy.

I will on my next occasion as for another print - out for my vehicle and see what kind of situation happens. If I get a unfavorable response, I will insist on the print-out from the next in the chain of command there. I will mention your instance as well and direct him or her to to locate you on the forum for a chance to rectify your situation.

my2cents

pachocco1,

JPI has very kindly offered to help me obtain the full service records. I would have happily paid them if it meant that I would have complete, accurate records within a timely manner. That may be the problem ... they don't see me as being a potential future customer since I live in Hawaii. What they don't know is that I may very well move to Texas in the next couple of years and I have no intention of making any purchases at that dealership. I realize that my indignation won't hurt their bottom line too much but the world is getting smaller every day. This is the same dealer that stripped the transmission drain plug. They didn't correct that error or tell the original owner that they screwed up ... I'm not impressed!

I will be sure to mention you at any rate. I love to mess with management sometimes. : ) Sewell Lexus around here is exemplary in every facet except parts prices. I got my Service List from them initially. They are a top notch alternative for factory service.

JPI and Davenport Auto are excellent independent mechanics and are more inclined to cultivate custiomer relationships. It is more about geography for me because both are wonderful (one is closer than the other).

pachocco1,

Next time you're there remind them of the six or seven phone calls and three faxes that it took to obtain an INCOMPLETE service history! To be honest, if Jason had managed to send me the remaining half of the service history in an unabbreviated form (albeit three months later) I never would have mentioned this fiasco.

As for JPI ... all I can say is thanks. That's how you get and keep customers. If I end up in Texas he can be sure that he has one more loyal subject.