Climate Control Issue 94 Lexus Sc400

My Climate Control has the Light working and is not black in the lcd screen..

But it is totally non functional..

None of the buttons work

and nothing comes up on the screen..

Please help its cold out there and no heat nor rear defrost..

Hmmm maybe your control board is faulty or maybe the cold weather has affected the board that controls it.

Not sure if fuses come in to this but have you checked your fuse board too?

I found a few topics on this but noone gives a straight answer.. The lighter isnt working and neither is my climate control.. But the fuse is good and there is nothing stuck in my lighter.. Please help looking for some advice.. Dealer said about 300 just for diagnostics..

There is power on one of the wires running to the climate control and the lights on it light up in the evening when you turn on the interior lights.. the car only has 84000 miles on it and im the second owner.. no accidents floods or anything.. This issue has me startled..

Look into post 6 and 16 on page 2 in the link below, if no success it might be a dead unit and need to be replaced. Make sure you get the right year for proper function as shown below what years are compatible.

http://www.clublexus...functional.html

CC units between the years are not compatible

91-93

94-96

97-the rest

all have different model numbers and will give you only 2 fan speeds low and max if you switch between them.

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem on my 94 sc400. I found a wire broken on the temp sensor it's to the left of the radio wrapped in foam tape. I fixed wire and boom i had the coldest ac start to blow.

• 2 years later...

Good evening,

I really purchased a 97 sc400 and the car has 116678 miles, looks and runs great. Took it Advance Auto to check the battery and electrical system and found that the battery and alternator needed to be replaced. But, my problem is with the CC. All of a sudden the CC display cuts off and the air stops working when the button on the gear shift is depressed. The air was working fine but the issue recently began to manifest. Can someone please give me some insight. Thanks in advance....