Opinions On New Cd Reciever

so my mom's allowing me to get a cd player some time soon. i really won't mind if i get the metra kit. as long as it holds up, i don't mind if it doesn't match. my entire interior is black, so it really doesn't matter much about the texture. it'll blend in.

but on to the reciever. i was looking at the Sony Xplod CDX-M800. a new model.

i don't have much to spend and i had originally talked to my mom about the M630 (previously priced at $329.99), so this is the same price as the one i previously wanted to get.

my mom is paying for this, and it would most likely be professionally installed. (i still can't get through the air vent, so i'm giving up on doing it myself)

but if you wanna suggest somethin else, go right ahead. i would prefer motorized face plate rather than the non-motorized flip-down face. removable or non-removable doesn't really matter. i'm not gonna take it off if it is removable anyways.

i'd like some opinions on this cd reciever. thanks guys.

oh yeah one more thing. my radio antenna is going hay-wire.

when i turn on the radio, the antenna goes up about 3/4 the way, and then it motor keeps turning, but the antenna mast won't go all the way up. and after it gets stuck there, i have to go outside and push it down for it to retract. anyone have a clue as to how to fix this? or just get a new one for like $20?

the reason the antenna is screwed is because the plastic track is broken inside the mast buy a new one but do it before you change the deck as the only way i know to change a anntenna is to hold down the radio button as you turn the key forward then it pops out

plus you have to get the rest of the plastic out

easy to repalce

you also need to remove ( by unscrewing)the chrome bezel for it to come off

about 20 bucks from the dealer

also to make an aftermarket deck work you have to run the lines to under the passenger seat as this is where all of the speaker wires go to the stock amp located there