Corriosion

So i notice today some corrosion. So you know on the radiator there are 4 legs on each corner that scew on to the frame of the car. One of the legs is just ramdomly rusting and deteriorating for some reason.

And just after the radiator, Looking down lower.. there is this Large black bar or rod thats there. Its real thick, hopefully someone knows what im talking about.. maybe ill post a pick. Anyways Part of that is really corroded too... i was wondering what causes that and what the large horizontal bar is ...

I think you are talking about the subframe it is about 2-3 inches thick and goes from one side of the engine to the other

Buy a can of rust proofing or even better yet sand the parts down and prime them and paint to remove and stop all rust. Most subframce will aquire rust over time it is normal. If there is rust only in one spot it is usually because something removed the coating and salt has corroded it in one spot.

I agree with sk, whether you do it yourself or get it the entire car rustproofed professionally (which I will do in the next several weeks) it's a good idea & there are lot's of different choices & price ranges as well. Oil spray or a yellow paste are quite popular......they recommend the oil spray (either Rust Check or Krown in Ontario) once a year, the yellow paste you can get done every 2 - 3 years. this s the complete undercarriage, fenders (including wheel wells), doors, hood & trunk.

:cheers: